The 86,125-square-foot facility is anchored by St. Joseph Mercy Health System. The company purchased the property from Michigan Orthopedic Center Properties, which is a partnership of local medical practitioners.
Approximately 25 percent of the building's leasable space is occupied by St. Joseph Mercy Health System, with the remainder populated by orthopedic surgeons. The building is 98 percent leased.
"We like the building's on-campus location, the hospital system as a long-term tenant and the demographics of Ann Arbor," said John Boley, vice president of acquisitions at HSA PrimeCare, in a news release. "The combination of those factors made it a logical addition to our portfolio."
More Articles on Orthopedic Surgery:
Northland Orthopedic Associates Joins Ministry Medical Group
Evangelica Community Hospital Opens Center for Orthopaedics
American Joint Replacement Registry Adds Michigan's Beaumont Health System
HSA PrimeCare Purchases Michigan Orthopaedic Center for $14.8M FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 18 January 2013 19:57
HSA PrimeCare, the national healthcare real estate division of Chicago-based HSA Commercial Real Estate, recently purchased the Michigan Orthopedic Center in Ypsilanti for $14,840,000.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2015? 32 things to know
- Justice Department investigates pain compounding cream for $500M potential fraud: 5 things to know
- Physician receives second-degree murder sentence for overprescribing pain medication: 6 key points
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- 10 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in January 2016
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Stryker, Titan Spine, ConforMIS & more: 16 key notes
- 5 ways big data will affect healthcare providers in 2016 & beyond
- Surgical tech sues Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeon after OR altercation — 5 key notes
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- The best way to prepare for the future in spine: Dr. Hyun Bae
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- 15 statistics on orthopedic surgeon starting salaries
- Dr. Kevin Pauza unsurprised with Tiger Woods' slow back surgery recovery: 5 insights
- The entrepreneur mindset: How an MBA opened doors for one spine surgeon's practice
- 13 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2016
- The growth of outpatient spine — 9 Key Points
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- Top 5 EHR vendors to partner with in 2016
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- Should medical device companies advertise direct to consumers?
- CMS's lowest vs. highest-paid physicians: 5 key points
- 5 trends in complex spine surgery
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Andrews Institute adds regenerative medicine, stem cell center: 5 things to know
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- Which 4 emerging trends will drive the global spine surgery market?
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics