The 86,125-square-foot facility is anchored by St. Joseph Mercy Health System. The company purchased the property from Michigan Orthopedic Center Properties, which is a partnership of local medical practitioners.
Approximately 25 percent of the building's leasable space is occupied by St. Joseph Mercy Health System, with the remainder populated by orthopedic surgeons. The building is 98 percent leased.
"We like the building's on-campus location, the hospital system as a long-term tenant and the demographics of Ann Arbor," said John Boley, vice president of acquisitions at HSA PrimeCare, in a news release. "The combination of those factors made it a logical addition to our portfolio."
More Articles on Orthopedic Surgery:
Northland Orthopedic Associates Joins Ministry Medical Group
Evangelica Community Hospital Opens Center for Orthopaedics
American Joint Replacement Registry Adds Michigan's Beaumont Health System
HSA PrimeCare Purchases Michigan Orthopaedic Center for $14.8M FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 18 January 2013 19:57
HSA PrimeCare, the national healthcare real estate division of Chicago-based HSA Commercial Real Estate, recently purchased the Michigan Orthopedic Center in Ypsilanti for $14,840,000.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- Understanding the Impact of the CMS 2017 ASC Payment Rule on Spine Procedures
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Trump or Hillary? The physicians have voted
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 15 spine surgeons discuss techniques revolutionizing spine care
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- Do you know what patients really care about when choosing a spine surgeon?
- Robotics is here to stay — Drs. Kornelis Poelstra & Dennis Devito on working with Mazor technology
- Medtronic, SeaSpine, Zimmer Biomet & more: 17 key notes
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- 10 thoughts and statistics on medical malpractice claims against orthopedists
- 33 of the largest orthopedic groups in the US by number of physicians
- UCLA pays $8.5M to settle 2 lawsuits after undisclosed spine surgeon relationship with Medtronic: 5 key notes
- 4 of the most pressing challenges orthopedic surgeons face in 2017
- 5 largest orthopedic companies have 61% of market share
- What not to wear — Physician's attire elicits mixed responses in outpatient orthopedic centers
- 8 spine codes CMS proposes for ASC coverage in 2017
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google - 2016
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spine surgery on Patriots' Rob Gronkowski
- 8 biggest stories in 2016's spine market — Acquisitions, lawsuits, bundled payments & more
- Orthopedic residency programs violate Match Code of Conduct: 6 things to know
- 7 trends in the spine surgical robot market
- The science of healthcare delivery: 10 thoughts on the future structure of healthcare organizations