The 86,125-square-foot facility is anchored by St. Joseph Mercy Health System. The company purchased the property from Michigan Orthopedic Center Properties, which is a partnership of local medical practitioners.
Approximately 25 percent of the building's leasable space is occupied by St. Joseph Mercy Health System, with the remainder populated by orthopedic surgeons. The building is 98 percent leased.
"We like the building's on-campus location, the hospital system as a long-term tenant and the demographics of Ann Arbor," said John Boley, vice president of acquisitions at HSA PrimeCare, in a news release. "The combination of those factors made it a logical addition to our portfolio."
More Articles on Orthopedic Surgery:
Northland Orthopedic Associates Joins Ministry Medical Group
Evangelica Community Hospital Opens Center for Orthopaedics
American Joint Replacement Registry Adds Michigan's Beaumont Health System
HSA PrimeCare Purchases Michigan Orthopaedic Center for $14.8M FeaturedWritten by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 18 January 2013 19:57
HSA PrimeCare, the national healthcare real estate division of Chicago-based HSA Commercial Real Estate, recently purchased the Michigan Orthopedic Center in Ypsilanti for $14,840,000.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 336 spine surgeons to know — 2016
- Rumors of a Stryker acquisition of Smith & Nephew swirl once again: 6 key notes
- Google and Johnson & Johnson to form new surgical company — 4 highlights
- Transparency in healthcare can work today — Hoag Orthopedic Institute proves it
- Stryker director sells 18k shares, following Smith & Nephew acquisition rumors: 7 points
- Did Loma Linda's orthopedic device rep-less strategy work? 5 things to know
- 5 huge reputation management mistakes for surgeons
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2015? 32 things to know
- Smith & Nephew acquires Blue Belt Technologies — Will Stryker make its move soon? 5 key notes
- The theory behind Geisinger's spine surgery refund
- Physician receives second-degree murder sentence for overprescribing pain medication: 6 key points
- Is the Johnson & Johnson job cut an ominous sign for the medical device industry? 5 key thoughts
- Population health on a budget: How one orthopedic surgeon succeeded in Chicago's most impoverished neighborhoods
- Justice Department investigates pain compounding cream for $500M potential fraud: 5 things to know
- 10 Things to know about the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) Model
- 32 hospitals to pay $28M in spine surgery false claims settlement: 5 things to know
- Looking ahead to 2016: What excites spine surgeons most?
- ProDisc-C vs. spinal fusion: Which has better results? 5 key notes
- Dr. R.J. Meagher joins Laser Spine Institute: 5 things to know
- 5 most common reasons orthopedic surgeons are sued
- 10 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in January 2016
- Reducing the cost of spine care: Key thoughts from 4 spine surgeons
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Dr. Robert Blok joins Laser Spine Institute — 4 key points
- 5 ways big data will affect healthcare providers in 2016 & beyond
- North Carolina physician group creates orthopedic bundled payment system — 5 takeaways
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- Surgical tech sues Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeon after OR altercation — 5 key notes
- 15 statistics on orthopedic surgeon starting salaries
- Does universal healthcare in Massachusetts equalize treatment between races in cervical spinal trauma? 5 key notes
- Stryker, Titan Spine, ConforMIS & more: 16 key notes
- The best way to prepare for the future in spine: Dr. Hyun Bae
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- From cost to patient care — The many ways orthopedic bundled payments help hospitals
- 13 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2016
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?