The five-year residency program will include most of the training at Doctors Medical Center, with six months at Children's Hospital Central California, according to the report. There is currently room for two orthopedics residents and the program plans to expand to 10 surgeons-in-training by 2017.
The $150,000 annual program costs will be covered through federal funding and clinical revenue, and residents will earn $45,000 to $70,000 per year. Marc Trzeciak, MD, a hand surgeon, will direct the program, according to the report.
More Articles on Orthopedic Surgery:
MedStar Plans New Medical Campus in Maryland to Include Orthopedics
Santa Rosa Orthopaedics Launches Hand Center
Jewish Orthopaedic Care Surgeons Develop New Total Joint Replacement Protocol
New Valley Orthopedic Surgery Residency Approved in CaliforniaWritten by Laura Dyrda | Wednesday, 19 December 2012 15:47
Stanislaus County supervisors have approved a new orthopedic residency program at Doctors Medical Center and Children's Hospital Central California, according to a Modesto Bee report.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2015? 32 things to know
- Justice Department investigates pain compounding cream for $500M potential fraud: 5 things to know
- Physician receives second-degree murder sentence for overprescribing pain medication: 6 key points
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- 10 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in January 2016
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Stryker, Titan Spine, ConforMIS & more: 16 key notes
- 5 ways big data will affect healthcare providers in 2016 & beyond
- Surgical tech sues Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeon after OR altercation — 5 key notes
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- The best way to prepare for the future in spine: Dr. Hyun Bae
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- 15 statistics on orthopedic surgeon starting salaries
- Dr. Kevin Pauza unsurprised with Tiger Woods' slow back surgery recovery: 5 insights
- The entrepreneur mindset: How an MBA opened doors for one spine surgeon's practice
- 13 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2016
- The growth of outpatient spine — 9 Key Points
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- Top 5 EHR vendors to partner with in 2016
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- Should medical device companies advertise direct to consumers?
- CMS's lowest vs. highest-paid physicians: 5 key points
- 5 trends in complex spine surgery
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Andrews Institute adds regenerative medicine, stem cell center: 5 things to know
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- Which 4 emerging trends will drive the global spine surgery market?
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics