Cayenne Medical partnered with Parametrics Medical to co-market the company's high quality bone and tissue autografts.
DJO Global recently entered into an exclusive distribution agreement with Exos to sell the company's upper extremities products and incorporate its thermoformable polymer technology into American markets.
ImagIQ, a Cleveland-based medical device company, has partnered with Anderson Orthopaedic Research Institute for continuing joint replacement research using three dimensional imaging analytics to enhance orthopedic implant wear studies.
Integra LifeSciences acquired upper-extremities device company Ascension Orthopedics for $65 million.
Medtronic completed the acquisition of two device companies: PEAK Surgical, which is focused on incision technology for general surgery, ENT and plastic reconstructive applications; and Salient Surgical Technologies, which his focused on devices that use advanced energy for haemostatic sealing of soft tissue and bone for orthopedic, spine and thoracic procedures.
Smith & Nephew signed a distribution agreement with French biotechnology company Grafty's to distribute the company's fast-setting, macroporous calcium phosphate bone void filler.
Stryker recently completed its $135 million acquisition of Concentric Medical, a company focused on developing minimally invasive products for treating acute ischemic stroke.
Stryker has also partnered with the OrthoSensor Knee Trial designed for use with Stryker's Triathlon Knee System.
Wright Medical Group signed an agreement with ArthroCare to distribute ArthroCare's devices associated with soft tissue fixation of the foot and ankle.
Related Articles on Orthopedic Device Companies:
Orthofix Promotes Bryan McMillan to President of Spine Global Business Unit
Integra LifeSciences Introduces Two New Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery Tools
Stryker Completes Acquisition of Concentric Medical
10 Orthopedic Device Company Partnerships and AcquisitionsWritten by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 07 October 2011 20:21
Here are 10 recent orthopedic device company partnerships and acquisitions.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 336 spine surgeons to know — 2016
- Rumors of a Stryker acquisition of Smith & Nephew swirl once again: 6 key notes
- Google and Johnson & Johnson to form new surgical company — 4 highlights
- Transparency in healthcare can work today — Hoag Orthopedic Institute proves it
- Stryker director sells 18k shares, following Smith & Nephew acquisition rumors: 7 points
- 5 huge reputation management mistakes for surgeons
- Did Loma Linda's orthopedic device rep-less strategy work? 5 things to know
- Alphatec Spine, LDR, Globus Medical & more — 21 key notes
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2015? 32 things to know
- Smith & Nephew acquires Blue Belt Technologies — Will Stryker make its move soon? 5 key notes
- The theory behind Geisinger's spine surgery refund
- Physician receives second-degree murder sentence for overprescribing pain medication: 6 key points
- Is the Johnson & Johnson job cut an ominous sign for the medical device industry? 5 key thoughts
- Population health on a budget: How one orthopedic surgeon succeeded in Chicago's most impoverished neighborhoods
- Justice Department investigates pain compounding cream for $500M potential fraud: 5 things to know
- 10 Things to know about the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) Model
- 32 hospitals to pay $28M in spine surgery false claims settlement: 5 things to know
- Looking ahead to 2016: What excites spine surgeons most?
- ProDisc-C vs. spinal fusion: Which has better results? 5 key notes
- Dr. R.J. Meagher joins Laser Spine Institute: 5 things to know
- 5 most common reasons orthopedic surgeons are sued
- 10 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in January 2016
- Reducing the cost of spine care: Key thoughts from 4 spine surgeons
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Dr. Robert Blok joins Laser Spine Institute — 4 key points
- 5 ways big data will affect healthcare providers in 2016 & beyond
- North Carolina physician group creates orthopedic bundled payment system — 5 takeaways
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- 15 statistics on orthopedic surgeon starting salaries
- Surgical tech sues Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeon after OR altercation — 5 key notes
- Does universal healthcare in Massachusetts equalize treatment between races in cervical spinal trauma? 5 key notes
- Stryker, Titan Spine, ConforMIS & more: 16 key notes
- The best way to prepare for the future in spine: Dr. Hyun Bae
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- 13 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2016
- From cost to patient care — The many ways orthopedic bundled payments help hospitals