Cayenne Medical partnered with Parametrics Medical to co-market the company's high quality bone and tissue autografts.
DJO Global recently entered into an exclusive distribution agreement with Exos to sell the company's upper extremities products and incorporate its thermoformable polymer technology into American markets.
ImagIQ, a Cleveland-based medical device company, has partnered with Anderson Orthopaedic Research Institute for continuing joint replacement research using three dimensional imaging analytics to enhance orthopedic implant wear studies.
Integra LifeSciences acquired upper-extremities device company Ascension Orthopedics for $65 million.
Medtronic completed the acquisition of two device companies: PEAK Surgical, which is focused on incision technology for general surgery, ENT and plastic reconstructive applications; and Salient Surgical Technologies, which his focused on devices that use advanced energy for haemostatic sealing of soft tissue and bone for orthopedic, spine and thoracic procedures.
Smith & Nephew signed a distribution agreement with French biotechnology company Grafty's to distribute the company's fast-setting, macroporous calcium phosphate bone void filler.
Stryker recently completed its $135 million acquisition of Concentric Medical, a company focused on developing minimally invasive products for treating acute ischemic stroke.
Stryker has also partnered with the OrthoSensor Knee Trial designed for use with Stryker's Triathlon Knee System.
Wright Medical Group signed an agreement with ArthroCare to distribute ArthroCare's devices associated with soft tissue fixation of the foot and ankle.
Related Articles on Orthopedic Device Companies:
Orthofix Promotes Bryan McMillan to President of Spine Global Business Unit
Integra LifeSciences Introduces Two New Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery Tools
Stryker Completes Acquisition of Concentric Medical
10 Orthopedic Device Company Partnerships and AcquisitionsWritten by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 07 October 2011 20:21
Here are 10 recent orthopedic device company partnerships and acquisitions.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- Understanding the Impact of the CMS 2017 ASC Payment Rule on Spine Procedures
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 15 spine surgeons discuss techniques revolutionizing spine care
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- 33 of the largest orthopedic groups in the US by number of physicians
- 5 largest orthopedic companies have 61% of market share
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- 4 of the most pressing challenges orthopedic surgeons face in 2017
- What not to wear — Physician's attire elicits mixed responses in outpatient orthopedic centers
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spine surgery on Patriots' Rob Gronkowski
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google - 2016
- Orthopedic residency programs violate Match Code of Conduct: 6 things to know
- Behind bars for fraud: Neurosurgeon Dr. Aria Sabit receives nearly 20-year prison sentence — 8 key insights
- The science of healthcare delivery: 10 thoughts on the future structure of healthcare organizations
- 8 biggest stories in 2016's spine market — Acquisitions, lawsuits, bundled payments & more
- Dr. Jonathan Falakassa joins Southern California Orthopedic Institute: 5 key notes
- Wal-Mart adds Mayo Clinic to spine centers of excellence, 50% copay for out-of-network care
- Medtronic, Stryker and Smith & Nephew dominate MIS instruments market — 6 observations
- 7 trends in healthcare digital transformation
- Dr. Angus McBryde Jr. passes away after car accident: 4 things to know
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spinal disc surgery on Houston Texans' J.J. Watt: 4 notes
- 'Surgery is like comfort food for my soul' — Dr. Thomas Scully on being a neurosurgeon in an evolving landscape
- Dr. Robert Spetzler to resign as Barrow Neurological Institute's president, CEO; Dr. Michael Lawton to take helm — 5 things to know
- 26 latest statistics & notes on neurosurgeon salary — Hourly, annual & regional pay
- An innovation powerhouse — Techstars Healthcare Accelerator in partnership with Cedars-Sinai brings health startups' visions to fruition
- 9 Mayo Clinic strategies to quench the physician burnout flame
- Rochester Regional Health in NY acquires Finger Lakes Bone & Joint Center: 5 key notes
- 8 trends impacting the global sports medicine devices market through 2019
- 5 key statistics on young physician compensation — Orthopedics comes out on top at $329k
- Anthem BlueCross and BlueShield now covers 2-Level disc replacement with Zimmer Biomet's Mobi-C
- What 6 sports medicine physicians wish they would've known at the beginning of their careers