Cayenne Medical partnered with Parametrics Medical to co-market the company's high quality bone and tissue autografts.
DJO Global recently entered into an exclusive distribution agreement with Exos to sell the company's upper extremities products and incorporate its thermoformable polymer technology into American markets.
ImagIQ, a Cleveland-based medical device company, has partnered with Anderson Orthopaedic Research Institute for continuing joint replacement research using three dimensional imaging analytics to enhance orthopedic implant wear studies.
Integra LifeSciences acquired upper-extremities device company Ascension Orthopedics for $65 million.
Medtronic completed the acquisition of two device companies: PEAK Surgical, which is focused on incision technology for general surgery, ENT and plastic reconstructive applications; and Salient Surgical Technologies, which his focused on devices that use advanced energy for haemostatic sealing of soft tissue and bone for orthopedic, spine and thoracic procedures.
Smith & Nephew signed a distribution agreement with French biotechnology company Grafty's to distribute the company's fast-setting, macroporous calcium phosphate bone void filler.
Stryker recently completed its $135 million acquisition of Concentric Medical, a company focused on developing minimally invasive products for treating acute ischemic stroke.
Stryker has also partnered with the OrthoSensor Knee Trial designed for use with Stryker's Triathlon Knee System.
Wright Medical Group signed an agreement with ArthroCare to distribute ArthroCare's devices associated with soft tissue fixation of the foot and ankle.
Related Articles on Orthopedic Device Companies:
Orthofix Promotes Bryan McMillan to President of Spine Global Business Unit
Integra LifeSciences Introduces Two New Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery Tools
Stryker Completes Acquisition of Concentric Medical
10 Orthopedic Device Company Partnerships and AcquisitionsWritten by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 07 October 2011 20:21
Here are 10 recent orthopedic device company partnerships and acquisitions.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Understanding the Impact of the CMS 2017 ASC Payment Rule on Spine Procedures
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- 15 spine surgeons discuss techniques revolutionizing spine care
- 33 of the largest orthopedic groups in the US by number of physicians
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- 4 of the most pressing challenges orthopedic surgeons face in 2017
- What not to wear — Physician's attire elicits mixed responses in outpatient orthopedic centers
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spine surgery on Patriots' Rob Gronkowski
- Behind bars for fraud: Neurosurgeon Dr. Aria Sabit receives nearly 20-year prison sentence — 8 key insights
- Orthopedic residency programs violate Match Code of Conduct: 6 things to know
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google - 2016
- The science of healthcare delivery: 10 thoughts on the future structure of healthcare organizations
- 8 biggest stories in 2016's spine market — Acquisitions, lawsuits, bundled payments & more
- Wal-Mart adds Mayo Clinic to spine centers of excellence, 50% copay for out-of-network care
- 7 trends in healthcare digital transformation
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spinal disc surgery on Houston Texans' J.J. Watt: 4 notes
- Dr. Angus McBryde Jr. passes away after car accident: 4 things to know
- Dr. Robert Spetzler to resign as Barrow Neurological Institute's president, CEO; Dr. Michael Lawton to take helm — 5 things to know
- 9 Mayo Clinic strategies to quench the physician burnout flame
- 36 woman physician leaders to know
- 4 spine surgeons caught in fraud — Prisoners, probationers & a fugitive
- 26 latest statistics & notes on neurosurgeon salary — Hourly, annual & regional pay
- Guilty verdict for neurosurgeon Dr. Christopher Duntsch for causing 'injury to an elderly person' — 5 things to know
- Seattle Times examines Swedish-Cherry Hill's neuroscience program balance of volume & quality
- Rochester Regional Health in NY acquires Finger Lakes Bone & Joint Center: 5 key notes
- Anthem BlueCross and BlueShield now covers 2-Level disc replacement with Zimmer Biomet's Mobi-C
- A review of 7 spine device company powerhouses in 2016
- Why the direct anterior approach for THA is the future
- Best & worst patient outcomes — Patients may now compare US surgeons by name
- Spine care in 2017: 4 spine surgeons make predictions
- Google Glass, GoPro or Panasonic HX-A100: Which is best during spine surgery? 5 key notes
- Five trends that every orthopedic professional should watch in 2017
- Swedish-Cherry Hill neuroscience chair Dr. Johnny Delashaw steps down amid investigation — 5 things to know
- What Stryker CEO Kevin Lobo said on CNBC: 7 key quotes on healthcare, business & the future
- Medtronic plans to sell medical supplies unit, Bloomberg reports: 6 key insights