Cayenne Medical partnered with Parametrics Medical to co-market the company's high quality bone and tissue autografts.
DJO Global recently entered into an exclusive distribution agreement with Exos to sell the company's upper extremities products and incorporate its thermoformable polymer technology into American markets.
ImagIQ, a Cleveland-based medical device company, has partnered with Anderson Orthopaedic Research Institute for continuing joint replacement research using three dimensional imaging analytics to enhance orthopedic implant wear studies.
Integra LifeSciences acquired upper-extremities device company Ascension Orthopedics for $65 million.
Medtronic completed the acquisition of two device companies: PEAK Surgical, which is focused on incision technology for general surgery, ENT and plastic reconstructive applications; and Salient Surgical Technologies, which his focused on devices that use advanced energy for haemostatic sealing of soft tissue and bone for orthopedic, spine and thoracic procedures.
Smith & Nephew signed a distribution agreement with French biotechnology company Grafty's to distribute the company's fast-setting, macroporous calcium phosphate bone void filler.
Stryker recently completed its $135 million acquisition of Concentric Medical, a company focused on developing minimally invasive products for treating acute ischemic stroke.
Stryker has also partnered with the OrthoSensor Knee Trial designed for use with Stryker's Triathlon Knee System.
Wright Medical Group signed an agreement with ArthroCare to distribute ArthroCare's devices associated with soft tissue fixation of the foot and ankle.
Related Articles on Orthopedic Device Companies:
Orthofix Promotes Bryan McMillan to President of Spine Global Business Unit
Integra LifeSciences Introduces Two New Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery Tools
Stryker Completes Acquisition of Concentric Medical
10 Orthopedic Device Company Partnerships and AcquisitionsWritten by Laura Dyrda | Friday, 07 October 2011 20:21
Here are 10 recent orthopedic device company partnerships and acquisitions.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- DePuy Synthes, Stryker, Zimmer, Medtronic lead global orthopedics now — 8 key notes on where they're headed
- 15 things to know about Zimmer Biomet
- 20 Spine Surgeon Leadership Awards | 2015
- A differentiated approach in lateral spine surgery: Oblique lateral interbody fusion (OLIF at L2-L5)
- 25 Spine Device Awards | 2015
- Neurosurgeon named in counterfeit spinal implant lawsuit — 5 things to know
- Top 10 specialties with highest pay — Orthopedists lead the pack
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google
- Dr. Aria Sabit pleads guilty to unnecessary spine surgery, faces 11+ years in prison — 5 things to know
- 55 statistics and issues for neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons — compensation, global device market and more
- Is the Zimmer-Biomet closed merger finally around the corner? 5 things to know
- Medtronic pays 8 physicians $1M+: 5 key notes
- Dr. Neal ElAttrache to perform Manny Pacquiao's shoulder surgery: 5 things to know
- Another spine surgeon named in "fake implants" lawsuit — This time in Maryland: 5 key notes
- Spinal fusion vs. disc replacement: Which costs more? 5 key notes
- Northwestern's Feinberg School of Medicine neurological surgery chief Dr. Andrew Parsa dies
- Zimmer Q1 sales drop 2.3%, Biomet merger still not final — 10 things to know
- How The CORE Institute grew 40% last quarter — IT leads the way
- Is Smith & Nephew's cost-conscious strategy working? 5 key notes
- UPMC's Dr. Tanya Hagen dies at age 45
- Medtronic facing product liability lawsuit over Infuse once more: 9 things to know
- Hospitals face 4 lawsuits in connection with unnecessary spine surgeries case — 6 things to know
- How high-energy spine surgeons start their day — 5 things to know
- Grand jury indicts troubled Texas spine surgeon — 5 key notes
- 5 statistics on orthopedic surgeon net worth
- Patient sues troubled orthopedic surgeon for malpractice — 7 things to know
- Cervical disc replacement Mobi-C vs. spinal fusion: Are there advantages to one? 6 key notes
- Spinal deformity surgery — On the cutting edge with Drs. Isador Lieberman, Suken Shah
- 23 statistics for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth & more
- Hospital for Special Surgery names Dr. Frank Schwab spine service chief — 5 things to know
- 10 trends in the spinal fusion market
- Brigham and Women's Hospital names Dr. James Kang orthopedics chairman: 6 key facts
- 8 ways to improve your patient experience
- The future of orthopedics: ACOs, bundled payments, gain-sharing & the advantage in change
- 8 reasons why things are looking up for Amedica
- Minimally invasive spine surgery — Current trends & topics
- The best vacation spots for spine surgeons
- Cleveland Clinic standardizes to 2 implant vendors, at least one orthopedic surgeon out
- Spine surgery in a value-based world: Dr. Jed Vanichkachorn on spine bundled payments
- 22 things to know about Stryker