Here are five observations:
1. A growing prevalence of spine and bone disorders as well as increasing demand for minimally invasive procedures will spur market growth.
2. Alternate treatment options and interventional spine procedure risks will pose as obstacles to market growth, however.
3. Market trends include reducing risk of cement leakages as well as developing radiofrequency-targeted vertebral augmentation.
4. Lumbar disc disease, sacroiliac joint and degenerative lumbar facet joint pain compose about 70 percent of all lower back pain cases.
5. Dominant market players include:
• Dublin, Ireland-based Medtronic
• Kalamazoo, Mich.-based Stryker
• Chicago-based Abbott Laboratories
• Raynham, Mass.-based DePuy Synthes
• South Jordan, Utah-based Merit Medical
More articles on devices:
Alphatec launches device for MIS lateral access procedures — 5 takeaways
Zimmer Biomet recalls Comprehensive Reverse Shoulder device — here's why
Aesculap offers warranty against delamination & visualization — A 1st in spine industry