Here are five things to know:
1. SPIN initiated its first affiliate program in Houston seven years ago to fund independent healthcare providers who offer diagnostic and treatment procedures for spine injury accident patients.
2. Over 8,300 procedures have been funded over the seven years, generating $25 million in reported net revenues for SPIN and more than $16 million in actual cash collections.
3. Spine Injury Solution Chairman and CEO William F. Donovan, MD, said, "Costs associated with accident victims total in the hundreds of millions of dollars annually. Much of this cost is attributable to delayed or improper early diagnosis of the injury causing unnecessary, long term problems and costs."
4. As an early user of video in arthroscopic surgery, Dr. Donovan sought a way to provide video documentation for accident victim procedures.
5. SPIN has invested roughly $2.5 million in developing and distributing the QVH v.3, which has provided procedural transparency in approximately 2,500 performed cases.
More articles on devices:
Invivo announces 13th Inspire Study enrollee — 4 takeaways