Here are five things to know:
1. The Metatarsal Hemi Implant helps treat patients with degenerative and post-traumatic arthritis in the metatarsal joint in the presence of good bone stock.
2. The device helps patients suffering from hallux valgus or hallux rigidus and an unstable or painful metatarsal/phalangeal joint.
3. With a round head and a tapered stem, the implant easily grips the first metatarsal.
4. Its mirror finish head decreases friction between different surfaces, reducing cartilage wear.
5. The implant comes in five sizes.
More articles on devices:
Curt Wiedenhoefer named president of Consensus Orthopedics — 4 details