Here are six things to know:
1. ViviGen Formable is an alternative to ViviGen Cellular Bone Matrix, which was launched in 2014. Surgeons will now be able to choose between the two based on their preferred handling for each case.
2. ViviGen Formable is made of osteoinductive, demineralized fibers that create a putty-like consistency after interaction.
3. This type of handling will allow surgeons to mold the allograft into defined shapes.
4. ViviGen and ViviGen Formable both protect committed bone cells from recovery to implantation while retaining osteoinductivity, osteoconductivity and osteogenecity — all of which are required for bone formation.
5. DePuy Synthes will market and promote ViviGen and ViviGen Formable.
6. LifeNet has worked to find alternatives to autografts over the last several years.
More device-related articles:
Dreal device enhances decompression procedure and protects spinal structures — 5 insights