Here are six key insights:
1. Medtronic is working with advisers to identify potential buyers.
2. The division may be worth approximately $5 billion, the sources told Bloomberg.
3. The company's medical supplies business encompasses a variety of equipment, such as needles and monitoring technology.
4. Much of Medtronic's medical supplies line stems from its acquisition of Dublin-based Covidien in 2014.
5. Bloomberg reported Medtronic may seek one or several divestures of its medical supplies business.
6. A Medtronic spokesman did not disclose any information to Bloomberg.
More articles on devices:
Following successful study, Intralink-Spine promotes Rejuve as low back pain cure — 5 things to know
Exactech sells spine assets to ChoiceSpine: 5 things to know
SeaSpine unveils Vu a∙POD Prime NanoMetalene System for full commercial launch — 5 highlights