Here are five key points:
1. Xtant reported Mr. Goldberger resigned as CEO and a director of the company and its subsidiaries to pursue other interests.
2. Xtant's President Carl O'Connell will take on the interim CEO position as the company's board decides on a permanent CEO.
3. Mr. O'Connell has been with the company since October 2016.
4. Prior to joining Xtant, Mr. O'Connell held leadership roles at Memphis, Tenn.-based Wright Medical Group and Fairfield, Conn.-based Calmare Therapeutics, among others.
5. Kent Swanson, board of directors' chairman, commented, "Under Dan's leadership, the company has made significant progress toward our strategic goal."
More articles on devices:
Why 2017 is a big year for minimally invasive spine surgery: Q&A with Paradigm Spine Chairman & CEO Marc Viscogliosi
Global orthopedic devices market to grow at 5% CAGR through 2022 — 3 observations
Zimmer Biomet, Implanet, Spinal Elements & more: 8 device company key notes