Here are five things to know:
1. The University of New Mexico Hospital is the state's sole Level 1 trauma center.
2. Jeremy Lewis, MD, an assistant neurosurgery professor, will serve as principal investigator.
3. Dr. Lewis completed his complex cranial and skull base surgery fellowship at University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas.
4. The University of New Mexico Hospital joins 29 other clinical sites participating in the INSPIRE study.
5. The INSPIRE study tests the Neuro-Spinal Scaffold's efficacy and safety for complete thoracic AIS A spinal cord injury.
More articles on devices:
Zimmer Biomet, J&J, Stryker & more: 15 device company key notes
US Patent Office allows Aurora Spine's patent for polyaxial ZIP ISP: 4 things to know
Whale Imaging earns FDA approval for next-generation G-Arm — 5 notes