Here are five key notes from the report:
1. Fourth quarter net sales were up 16.3 percent to $3.2 billion; full year net sales grew 13.9 percent to $11.3 billion. The net sales were up 6.7 percent year-over-year excluding the impact of acquisitions and foreign currency.
2. Earnings per diluted share are expected to be higher than the originally stated range of $5.75 to $5.80 due to strong organic net sales growth.
3. The company reported domestic net sales reached $8.2 billion in the full year, a 15.9 percent increase. International net sales were up 8.8 percent to $2.1 billion.
4. The full year net sales for each of the business segments were:
• Orthopedics: $4.4 billion, up 4.7 percent
• Medsurg: $4.9 billion, up 25.7 percent
• Neurotechnology and spine: $2 billion, up 9.8 percent
5. The fourth quarter net sales for each business segment were:
• Orthopedics: $1.2 billion, up 5.3 percent
• Medsurg: $1.4 million, up 31.4 percent
• Neurotechnology and spine: $524 million, up 8.3 percent
More articles on orthopedic devices:
Rhode Island Hospital joins INSPIRE study as 29th clinical site: 5 points
Expanding Orthopedics reports 100%+ sales growth for FLXfit cage—5 highlights
Where NuVasive will focus in the future—Alignment, radiation reduction and more