Here are five highlights:
1. The company saw a more than 100 percent revenue growth for the device compared to the same period in 2015.
2. David Elkaim, Expanding Orthopedics' vice president of sales and marketing, noted more U.S. surgeons adopted the FLXfit to perform transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion.
3. Mr. Elkaim said this sales growth is likely due to the increasing popularity of expandable cages for open and minimally invasive surgery techniques.
4. The FLXfit features in-situ lordosis restoration to mold to a patient's anatomy.
5. Expanding Orthopedics develops products for unmet needs in spinal care.
More articles on devices:
Where NuVasive will focus in the future — Alignment, radiation reduction and more
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies launches orthopedic episode of care platform: 5 things to know
Mainstay Medical CEO to present at Medtech Showcase: 3 points