Here are six observations:
1. The market will likely continue to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 8 percent through 2018.
2. In 2011, the market was valued at $43.1 billion.
3. An increasing aging population, rising number of chronic degenerative diseases and growing healthcare expenditure are driving the market's growth.
4. The high prices of implantable medical devices and tough reimbursement policies may hinder growth, however.
5. Analysts predict the orthopedic implant segment will dominate the market through 2018.
6. Within the orthopedic implant segment, reconstructive joint replacements will experience the fastest growth.
More articles on devices:
SpineGuard hits FY 2016 revenue of $7.95M — 5 key notes
Implanet receives 21st patent for JAZZ technology: 4 key points
Mazor Robotics receives record-high 62 system orders in FY 2016 — 7 highlights