Here are seven key points:
1. Mr. McNally replaced interim CEO John Barker on Jan. 1, 2017.
2. Mr. Barker will stay with the company as a director.
3. Prior to this role, Mr. McNally served as president, CEO and chairman of the board of Salt Lake City-based Domain Surgical. He founded the company in 2009, which offered an advanced energy surgery platform for cutting and coagulation of soft tissue as well as vessel sealing.
4. Mr. McNally then merged Domain Surgical with OmniGuide, a flexible laser company, in 2016.
5. He also co-founded ZEVEX International, where he served as president, CEO and a director. Moog acquired the device company in 2007.
6. Mr. McNally earned his master of business administration degree from University of Utah in Salt Lake City.
7. He is the co-inventor of more than 30 U.S. and international patents related to ferromagnetic surgical devices and systems, electromagnetic and ultrasonic sensors and medical fluid delivery systems.
More articles on devices:
10 most popular device and implant stories of 2016
FDA issues new cybersecurity rules for medical devices: 4 key takeaways
5 reasons why Medtronic is poised for growth in the next 5 years, despite a disappointing Q2