Here are five notes:
1. The growing popularity of minimally invasive surgeries will drive market growth.
2. Dublin, Ireland-based Medtronic; Munich, Germany-based Brainlab; and Kalamazoo, Mich.-based Stryker Corp. lead the space.
3. Technological advancements and product upgrades are boosting competition among companies.
4. The United States dominates the market, due to rising FDA approvals and development of advanced navigation systems.
5. The neurosurgery navigation systems segment leads the market in 2015, and will likely continue to dominate through 2020.
More articles on devices:
10 most popular device and implant stories of 2016
FDA issues new cybersecurity rules for medical devices: 4 key takeaways
5 reasons why Medtronic is poised for growth in the next 5 years, despite a disappointing Q2