Here are seven observations:
1. The market is anticipated to reach $9.4 billion by 2020, up from $5.7 billion in 2013.
2. The increase in the number of people playing sports as well as the growth in an aging population will spur market growth.
3. The government and multinational companies are boosting investments in the orthopedic trauma fixation devices market.
4. The costliness of orthopedic trauma surgeries; lack of awareness of the technology; and limited health coverage in developing countries will pose as barriers to market growth, however.
5. Currently, North America accounts for the largest market share, with the Asian region gaining the most steam in the market throughout the forecast period.
6. The internal fixator segment accounts for the largest market share, anticipated to grow at a 6.8 percent CAGR between 2014 and 2020. Within the internal fixator segment, plate and screw systems are the most used devices.
7. Major market players include:
• DePuy Synthes in West Chester, Pa.
• Stryker Corp. in Kalamazoo, Mich.
• Zimmer Biomet in Warsaw, Ind.
• Smith & Nephew in London
• Orthofix in Lewisville, Texas
More articles on devices:
Global orthopedic devices market to hit $47.5B by 2022 — 3 highlights
Computer-assisted surgical systems market report — North America dominates
InVivo to highlight TrailMaker for SCI patients at tissue engineering & regenerative conference: 5 notes