Here are five key points:
1. Currently the market is valued at $16.7 billion.
2. In 2015, 325,000 people underwent total hip replacement surgery in the United States.
3. Computer-assisted total hip replacement surgery is gaining traction in the industry.
4. Warsaw, Ind.-based Zimmer Biomet leads the hip and knee orthopedic implant market.
5. The following companies also dominate the space:
• West Chester, Pa.-based DePuy Synthes
• Kalamazoo, Mich.-based Stryker
• London, United Kingdom-based Smith & Nephew
More articles on devices:
StemGenex offers recommendations for the FDA's regulation of stem cell therapy: 5 insights
Global lumbar spine fusion market to grow at CAGR of 4.9% to 2020: 4 highlights
1st AxioMed viscoelastic Freedom cervical case performed in Australia: 5 things to know