Here are five takeaways:
1. COHERE is composed of the company's PEEK Scoria biomaterial, a porous surface technology.
2. COHERE is the first FDA-cleared spine device completely made of PEEK and contain porosity.
3. PEEK Scoria is made of PEEK Zeniva material, creating a surface-to-solid material interface that is two times stronger under shear loading then trabecular bone.
4. The PEEK Scoria technology has the potential to improve PEEK device interaction with bone.
5. The COHERE device allows a porous environment to bone without compromising the mechanical integrity of the implant.
"Surgeons have been seeking an all PEEK fusion solution that leads to direct bone apposition instead of fibrous encapsulation," said Tim Nash, Vertera Spine board director. "COHERE is a game-changing device for spine fusion."
More articles on devices:
SpineGuard sells 1k units in Q3 in the United States: 5 key notes
Hackensack University Medical Center buys spine surgery robot: 4 key notes
Montana board grants Bacterin $100k: 5 things to know