Symmetry Surgical, based in Nashville, has partnered with Italian device company Biocommerciale. The partnership will allow Symmetry Surgical to expand its portfolio of surgical instruments to the European market, part of the company's effort to forge a global presence. Symmetry Surgical has also signed a distribution agreement with MTG Medical Technologies, allowing the company to expand distribution to the markets of Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia and Switzerland.
Alphatec Spine has expanded into the global market. The company has signed a supply agreement that allows Alphatec Spine exclusive worldwide rights to market and sell an anchored, zero-profiles anterior cervical interbody device.
TranS1 has reached a distribution agreement with Beijing Jiade Sunshine, allowing the company to expand into the Chinese market with the exception of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
Iconancy Orthopedic Implants in Warsaw plans to add 50 new jobs by 2015 and invest $2.6 million to lease a new 50,000-square-foot facility.
More Articles on Devices:
Premia Spine Develops Spine Implant Alternative to Fusion
SpineGuard Receives Russian Approval for PediGuard Spine Device
Ascendx Spine Recognized by Southeast Medical Device Association
5 Orthopedic & Spine Device Company Expansions FeaturedWritten by Carrie Pallardy | Thursday, 28 February 2013 19:59
Pioneer Surgical Technology, based in Marquette, Mich., will open a new plant in Konstanz Germany. The company has created Pioneer Surgical Technology Deutzchland to service its growing German market.Last modified on Thursday, 28 February 2013 20:05
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Devices & Implants
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- Medtronic invests in Mazor, inks commercial agreement: 6 things to know
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- Medtronic, NuVasive lead US MIS interbody fusion market: 7 observations
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 336 spine surgeons to know — 2016
- Rumors of a Stryker acquisition of Smith & Nephew swirl once again: 6 key notes
- Google and Johnson & Johnson to form new surgical company — 4 highlights
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2015? 32 things to know
- Did Loma Linda's orthopedic device rep-less strategy work? 5 things to know
- 5 huge reputation management mistakes for surgeons
- Stryker director sells 18k shares, following Smith & Nephew acquisition rumors: 7 points
- Is the Johnson & Johnson job cut an ominous sign for the medical device industry? 5 key thoughts
- Smith & Nephew acquires Blue Belt Technologies — Will Stryker make its move soon? 5 key notes
- Justice Department investigates pain compounding cream for $500M potential fraud: 5 things to know
- Population health on a budget: How one orthopedic surgeon succeeded in Chicago's most impoverished neighborhoods
- Physician receives second-degree murder sentence for overprescribing pain medication: 6 key points
- Looking ahead to 2016: What excites spine surgeons most?
- 5 most common reasons orthopedic surgeons are sued
- 32 hospitals to pay $28M in spine surgery false claims settlement: 5 things to know
- 10 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in January 2016
- North Carolina physician group creates orthopedic bundled payment system — 5 takeaways
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Dr. Robert Blok joins Laser Spine Institute — 4 key points
- 5 ways big data will affect healthcare providers in 2016 & beyond
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Stryker, Titan Spine, ConforMIS & more: 16 key notes
- Surgical tech sues Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeon after OR altercation — 5 key notes
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
- The best way to prepare for the future in spine: Dr. Hyun Bae
- 15 statistics on orthopedic surgeon starting salaries
- From cost to patient care — The many ways orthopedic bundled payments help hospitals
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- 13 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2016
- The entrepreneur mindset: How an MBA opened doors for one spine surgeon's practice
- Orthopedics and spine — 6 trends for 2016
- The growth of outpatient spine — 9 Key Points
- Top 5 EHR vendors to partner with in 2016
- Dr. Kevin Pauza unsurprised with Tiger Woods' slow back surgery recovery: 5 insights