Symmetry Surgical, based in Nashville, has partnered with Italian device company Biocommerciale. The partnership will allow Symmetry Surgical to expand its portfolio of surgical instruments to the European market, part of the company's effort to forge a global presence. Symmetry Surgical has also signed a distribution agreement with MTG Medical Technologies, allowing the company to expand distribution to the markets of Austria, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia and Switzerland.
Alphatec Spine has expanded into the global market. The company has signed a supply agreement that allows Alphatec Spine exclusive worldwide rights to market and sell an anchored, zero-profiles anterior cervical interbody device.
TranS1 has reached a distribution agreement with Beijing Jiade Sunshine, allowing the company to expand into the Chinese market with the exception of Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.
Iconancy Orthopedic Implants in Warsaw plans to add 50 new jobs by 2015 and invest $2.6 million to lease a new 50,000-square-foot facility.
More Articles on Devices:
Premia Spine Develops Spine Implant Alternative to Fusion
SpineGuard Receives Russian Approval for PediGuard Spine Device
Ascendx Spine Recognized by Southeast Medical Device Association
5 Orthopedic & Spine Device Company Expansions FeaturedWritten by Carrie Pallardy | Thursday, 28 February 2013 19:59
Pioneer Surgical Technology, based in Marquette, Mich., will open a new plant in Konstanz Germany. The company has created Pioneer Surgical Technology Deutzchland to service its growing German market.Last modified on Thursday, 28 February 2013 20:05
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Devices & Implants
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- Spinal implants, devices market to hit $19.5B by 2024; MIS driving growth: 8 observations
- Medtronic, Boston Scientific lead neuromodulation market: 8 observations
- Recall issued for explosion-prone DePuy Synthes power tool: 5 things to know
- Stryker's spine division introduces LITe BIO Delivery System: 7 key points
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Zimmer Biomet to acquire LDR in $1B transaction — 9 things to know
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- How Responsive Orthopedics defied the industry norm to make knee, hip devices more affordable — 6 key insights
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- 87% of solo practitioners to face MIPS penalty in 2019 — 6 statistics on how Medicare's new payment model may impact solo physicians & small practices
- The low hanging fruit of HIPAA compliance: 8 best practices
- Paradigm Spine pays $585k in False Claims Act settlement; denies allegations: 5 things to know
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- Surgeon entrepreneur: Dr. Kern Singh's quest to make lateral spine surgery more accessible
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- MIS spine's promising future — Key insights from SMISS President Dr. Greg Anderson
- 5 key points on Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush's bundled payments making healthcare affordable & transparent
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- Bundled payments to account for 30%-45% of spine reimbursement in 3 years: 4 insights
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- 'Spare the scalpel' — Dr. Brian Cole sheds light on the future of orthopedic medicine in TEDx Talk
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- How did 5 orthopedic device giants fare in the most recent fiscal period? 45 notes on Stryker, Medtronic & more
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Russin dies following plane crash: 5 key notes
- Zimmer Biomet jumps into robotics with MedTech acquisition: 5 things to know
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR