DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction's GLOBAL UNITE Platform Shoulder Arthroscopy System has been released in the worldwide market. The GLOBAL UNITE is designed to help return the shoulder to its correct anatomical position.
AxioMed has released the Freedom Cervical Disc in the European market. The device was successfully implanted in Switzerland.
Mazor Robotics has been given approval to market its Renaissance robotic spine system, the only technology of its kind on the market, in Taiwan and Canada.
Medtronic has developed a line of spinal cord stimulators that are MRI compatible. The device has been introduced to the European market.
Zimmer Holdings introduced its V2F Anterior Fixation System, the first lateral plate system for spinal trauma. The implant is created for thoracolumbar burst fractures, disc degeneration and tumors.
Hydrocision has released its herniated disc pain relief device. The minimally invasive device was originally created to prepare a disc for an implant, but is additionally being marketed a pain relief device.
More Articles on Orthopedic & Spine Devices:
MAKO Surgical Names Christopher Marrus Senior VP of Sales
Spine Surgery Coverage for New Technology Post Healthcare Reform: Q&A With Dr. Gunnar Andersson of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush
Smith & Nephew Names Dr. Michael Friedman to Board of Directors
7 New Orthopedic & Spine Device Launches & Releases FeaturedWritten by Carrie Pallardy | Monday, 25 February 2013 20:22
St. Louis-based ulrich medical has released its flamenco Universal Spinal Fixation System in US markets. The system is designed for decompression and stabilization of thoracic and lumbosacral spine.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Devices & Implants
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- Mesoblast's 24-month trial results for chronic low back pain released: 8 insights from the study on MPC injections
- Medtronic, SeaSpine, Zimmer Biomet & more: 17 key notes
- Zimmer Biomet & NuVasive gain strong footholds in spine space: 7 things to note
- Medtronic is a key leader in the expansive global spinal cord stimulation market: 5 takeaways
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- Dr. Kevin Pauza unsurprised with Tiger Woods' slow back surgery recovery: 5 insights
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- CMS's lowest vs. highest-paid physicians: 5 key points
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- Which 4 emerging trends will drive the global spine surgery market?
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Andrews Institute adds regenerative medicine, stem cell center: 5 things to know
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- The low hanging fruit of HIPAA compliance: 8 best practices
- Zimmer Biomet to acquire LDR in $1B transaction — 9 things to know
- The great PA debate: Should spine surgeons hire them?
- Surgeon entrepreneur: Dr. Kern Singh's quest to make lateral spine surgery more accessible
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- MIS spine's promising future — Key insights from SMISS President Dr. Greg Anderson
- 87% of solo practitioners to face MIPS penalty in 2019 — 6 statistics on how Medicare's new payment model may impact solo physicians & small practices
- How Responsive Orthopedics defied the industry norm to make knee, hip devices more affordable — 6 key insights
- Paradigm Spine pays $585k in False Claims Act settlement; denies allegations: 5 things to know
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- Bundled payments to account for 30%-45% of spine reimbursement in 3 years: 4 insights
- More than half of hospital orthopedic programs unprepared for CMS joint replacement program: 7 takeaways
- 5 key points on Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush's bundled payments making healthcare affordable & transparent
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics