DePuy Synthes Joint Reconstruction's GLOBAL UNITE Platform Shoulder Arthroscopy System has been released in the worldwide market. The GLOBAL UNITE is designed to help return the shoulder to its correct anatomical position.
AxioMed has released the Freedom Cervical Disc in the European market. The device was successfully implanted in Switzerland.
Mazor Robotics has been given approval to market its Renaissance robotic spine system, the only technology of its kind on the market, in Taiwan and Canada.
Medtronic has developed a line of spinal cord stimulators that are MRI compatible. The device has been introduced to the European market.
Zimmer Holdings introduced its V2F Anterior Fixation System, the first lateral plate system for spinal trauma. The implant is created for thoracolumbar burst fractures, disc degeneration and tumors.
Hydrocision has released its herniated disc pain relief device. The minimally invasive device was originally created to prepare a disc for an implant, but is additionally being marketed a pain relief device.
More Articles on Orthopedic & Spine Devices:
MAKO Surgical Names Christopher Marrus Senior VP of Sales
Spine Surgery Coverage for New Technology Post Healthcare Reform: Q&A With Dr. Gunnar Andersson of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush
Smith & Nephew Names Dr. Michael Friedman to Board of Directors
7 New Orthopedic & Spine Device Launches & Releases FeaturedWritten by Carrie Pallardy | Monday, 25 February 2013 20:22
St. Louis-based ulrich medical has released its flamenco Universal Spinal Fixation System in US markets. The system is designed for decompression and stabilization of thoracic and lumbosacral spine.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Devices & Implants
- Medtronic, Stryker and Smith & Nephew dominate MIS instruments market — 6 observations
- J&J, Globus Medical, Exactech & more: 8 key notes
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- Alphatec closes $80M sale of international operations to Globus, focuses on future growth: 7 key notes
- Stryker, Zimmer Biomet & more — 5 recent orthopedic, spine device company mergers & acquisitions
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Andrews Institute adds regenerative medicine, stem cell center: 5 things to know
- Zimmer Biomet to acquire LDR in $1B transaction — 9 things to know
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- The low hanging fruit of HIPAA compliance: 8 best practices
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- How Responsive Orthopedics defied the industry norm to make knee, hip devices more affordable — 6 key insights
- Paradigm Spine pays $585k in False Claims Act settlement; denies allegations: 5 things to know
- 87% of solo practitioners to face MIPS penalty in 2019 — 6 statistics on how Medicare's new payment model may impact solo physicians & small practices
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- Surgeon entrepreneur: Dr. Kern Singh's quest to make lateral spine surgery more accessible
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- MIS spine's promising future — Key insights from SMISS President Dr. Greg Anderson
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- 5 key points on Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush's bundled payments making healthcare affordable & transparent
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- Bundled payments to account for 30%-45% of spine reimbursement in 3 years: 4 insights
- 'Spare the scalpel' — Dr. Brian Cole sheds light on the future of orthopedic medicine in TEDx Talk
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Russin dies following plane crash: 5 key notes
- Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic to pay $750k in potential HIPAA violation: 5 things to know
- How did 5 orthopedic device giants fare in the most recent fiscal period? 45 notes on Stryker, Medtronic & more
- Zimmer Biomet jumps into robotics with MedTech acquisition: 5 things to know