Much of the growth is expected from minimally invasive spine fusion, but the smaller facet fixation segment will also increase in revenue, according to the report.
Several minimally invasive spine fusion clinical trial outcomes may impact the market, as favorable results will likely boost the number of procedures done with minimally invasive technology.
Challenges still remain to the segment's growth, though. Physicians require extensive additional training to implement minimally invasive procedures, and reimbursements will remain low until more efficacy has been proven.
More Articles on Devices:
Study: Bioactive Film Coating Could Improve Spine Device Success
OsteoFab Orthopedic Device Receives FDA Clearance
Dr. Richard Kube Performs First Coflex Interlaminar Implant in Illinois
Minimally Invasive Spine Market Expected to Top $2B by 2017 FeaturedWritten by Heather Linder | Tuesday, 19 February 2013 16:04
The U.S. market for minimally invasive spine technologies is expected to grow to $2 billion by 2017, according to the Millennium Research Group.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Devices & Implants
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- Zimmer Biomet, NuVasive, Wenzel Spine & more: 21 key notes
- Medtronic invests in Mazor, inks commercial agreement: 6 things to know
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 336 spine surgeons to know — 2016
- Rumors of a Stryker acquisition of Smith & Nephew swirl once again: 6 key notes
- Google and Johnson & Johnson to form new surgical company — 4 highlights
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2015? 32 things to know
- Did Loma Linda's orthopedic device rep-less strategy work? 5 things to know
- 5 huge reputation management mistakes for surgeons
- Stryker director sells 18k shares, following Smith & Nephew acquisition rumors: 7 points
- Smith & Nephew acquires Blue Belt Technologies — Will Stryker make its move soon? 5 key notes
- Is the Johnson & Johnson job cut an ominous sign for the medical device industry? 5 key thoughts
- Justice Department investigates pain compounding cream for $500M potential fraud: 5 things to know
- Physician receives second-degree murder sentence for overprescribing pain medication: 6 key points
- Population health on a budget: How one orthopedic surgeon succeeded in Chicago's most impoverished neighborhoods
- 10 Things to know about the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) Model
- Looking ahead to 2016: What excites spine surgeons most?
- 5 most common reasons orthopedic surgeons are sued
- 32 hospitals to pay $28M in spine surgery false claims settlement: 5 things to know
- 10 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in January 2016
- North Carolina physician group creates orthopedic bundled payment system — 5 takeaways
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Dr. Robert Blok joins Laser Spine Institute — 4 key points
- 5 ways big data will affect healthcare providers in 2016 & beyond
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- Stryker, Titan Spine, ConforMIS & more: 16 key notes
- Surgical tech sues Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeon after OR altercation — 5 key notes
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- 15 statistics on orthopedic surgeon starting salaries
- The best way to prepare for the future in spine: Dr. Hyun Bae
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- From cost to patient care — The many ways orthopedic bundled payments help hospitals
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- 13 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2016
- The entrepreneur mindset: How an MBA opened doors for one spine surgeon's practice
- Orthopedics and spine — 6 trends for 2016
- The growth of outpatient spine — 9 Key Points
- Top 5 EHR vendors to partner with in 2016