The West Chester, Penn.-based company filed suit against Bryan Bair, a former sales consultant who was tasked with establishing physician and hospital relationships to sell implants.
Synthes alleges Mr. Bair violated his non-compete clause by leaving the company for a competitor, Versa Med, and taking a similar position in a similar market and soliciting Synthes' customers.
The company is seeking damages and an injunction against Mr. Bair.
More Articles on Devices:
FDA Issues New Metal-on-Metal Hip Implant Communication
Stryker Offers to Buy Trauson Holdings in China for $764M
Biomet Posts 9% Sales Increase in 2013 2Q
Synthes Accuses Former Employee of Contract Violation FeaturedWritten by Heather Linder | Friday, 18 January 2013 18:27
Medical device manufacturer Synthes USA has filed a civil action claim against a former employee, saying the man violated his contract, according to The Pennsylvania Record.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Devices & Implants
- 5 reasons why Medtronic is poised for growth in the next 5 years, despite a disappointing Q2
- 10 most popular device and implant stories of 2016
- How 8 large orthopedic, spine device companies are doing financially
- 6 things to know about nanotechnology in healthcare
- Zimmer Biomet, J&J, Stryker & more: 15 device company key notes
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- Understanding the Impact of the CMS 2017 ASC Payment Rule on Spine Procedures
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Trump or Hillary? The physicians have voted
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 15 spine surgeons discuss techniques revolutionizing spine care
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- Do you know what patients really care about when choosing a spine surgeon?
- Robotics is here to stay — Drs. Kornelis Poelstra & Dennis Devito on working with Mazor technology
- Medtronic, SeaSpine, Zimmer Biomet & more: 17 key notes
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- 10 thoughts and statistics on medical malpractice claims against orthopedists
- 33 of the largest orthopedic groups in the US by number of physicians
- UCLA pays $8.5M to settle 2 lawsuits after undisclosed spine surgeon relationship with Medtronic: 5 key notes
- 4 of the most pressing challenges orthopedic surgeons face in 2017
- 5 largest orthopedic companies have 61% of market share
- What not to wear — Physician's attire elicits mixed responses in outpatient orthopedic centers
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google - 2016
- 8 spine codes CMS proposes for ASC coverage in 2017
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spine surgery on Patriots' Rob Gronkowski
- 8 biggest stories in 2016's spine market — Acquisitions, lawsuits, bundled payments & more
- Orthopedic residency programs violate Match Code of Conduct: 6 things to know
- The science of healthcare delivery: 10 thoughts on the future structure of healthcare organizations
- 7 trends in the spine surgical robot market