1. Smith & Nephew released an extension to the LEGION Total Knee System, featuring implants thinner in the medial and lateral dimension.
2. The FDA granted 510(k) clearance to Ascendx Spine for its VCF Repair System for vertebral compression fractures.
3. Blue Belt Technologies' NavioPFS unicondylar knee replacement system received FDA 510(k) clearance.
4. NuVasive received Japanese clearance for its CoRoent Large Impacted and CoRoent Large Tapered titanium alloy spine implants.
5. Precision Spine received FDA 510(k) clearance for its Mini-Max Minimally Invasive Access System.
6. Medical device company aap implantate received FDA 510(k) clearance for the first six systems of its LOQTEQ trauma plating system.
7. Boston Scientific Corporation began its European market launch of Precision Spectra Spinal Cord Stimulator System, a commercial implant with 32 contacts and 32 power sourced to provide spine pain relief.
8. Medtronic launched its latest cervical surgical technique portfolio, the Cervical Facetlift.
9. K2M, a spine device company focused on complex spinal pathologies and minimally invasive procedures, launched its MESA Spinal Systems and SERENGETI Minimally Invasive Retractor Systems in Italy.
More Articles on Devices:
Surgical Innovations Appoints John Griffith, Jake Timothy to Clinical Advisory Board
Dr. David Scott Studying Hip Implant Designed to Decrease Osteoporosis
Lanx Launches Spine Patient Website
9 Orthopedic Devices Launched, Cleared in December FeaturedWritten by Heather Linder | Wednesday, 26 December 2012 17:32
Nine spine and orthopedic devices were launched or cleared by the FDA in December.Last modified on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 17:36
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
- What Stryker CEO Kevin Lobo said on CNBC: 7 key quotes on healthcare, business & the future
- Zimmer Biomet's growth strategy in spine: MIS, cervical and becoming a 'health solutions provider'
- 5 reasons why Medtronic is poised for growth in the next 5 years, despite a disappointing Q2
- 10 most popular device and implant stories of 2016
- How 8 large orthopedic, spine device companies are doing financially
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Understanding the Impact of the CMS 2017 ASC Payment Rule on Spine Procedures
- Trump or Hillary? The physicians have voted
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 15 spine surgeons discuss techniques revolutionizing spine care
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- Do you know what patients really care about when choosing a spine surgeon?
- Robotics is here to stay — Drs. Kornelis Poelstra & Dennis Devito on working with Mazor technology
- Medtronic, SeaSpine, Zimmer Biomet & more: 17 key notes
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- 10 thoughts and statistics on medical malpractice claims against orthopedists
- 33 of the largest orthopedic groups in the US by number of physicians
- UCLA pays $8.5M to settle 2 lawsuits after undisclosed spine surgeon relationship with Medtronic: 5 key notes
- 4 of the most pressing challenges orthopedic surgeons face in 2017
- What not to wear — Physician's attire elicits mixed responses in outpatient orthopedic centers
- 5 largest orthopedic companies have 61% of market share
- 8 spine codes CMS proposes for ASC coverage in 2017
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google - 2016
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spine surgery on Patriots' Rob Gronkowski
- 8 biggest stories in 2016's spine market — Acquisitions, lawsuits, bundled payments & more
- Orthopedic residency programs violate Match Code of Conduct: 6 things to know
- 7 trends in the spine surgical robot market
- The science of healthcare delivery: 10 thoughts on the future structure of healthcare organizations