1. Smith & Nephew released an extension to the LEGION Total Knee System, featuring implants thinner in the medial and lateral dimension.
2. The FDA granted 510(k) clearance to Ascendx Spine for its VCF Repair System for vertebral compression fractures.
3. Blue Belt Technologies' NavioPFS unicondylar knee replacement system received FDA 510(k) clearance.
4. NuVasive received Japanese clearance for its CoRoent Large Impacted and CoRoent Large Tapered titanium alloy spine implants.
5. Precision Spine received FDA 510(k) clearance for its Mini-Max Minimally Invasive Access System.
6. Medical device company aap implantate received FDA 510(k) clearance for the first six systems of its LOQTEQ trauma plating system.
7. Boston Scientific Corporation began its European market launch of Precision Spectra Spinal Cord Stimulator System, a commercial implant with 32 contacts and 32 power sourced to provide spine pain relief.
8. Medtronic launched its latest cervical surgical technique portfolio, the Cervical Facetlift.
9. K2M, a spine device company focused on complex spinal pathologies and minimally invasive procedures, launched its MESA Spinal Systems and SERENGETI Minimally Invasive Retractor Systems in Italy.
More Articles on Devices:
Surgical Innovations Appoints John Griffith, Jake Timothy to Clinical Advisory Board
Dr. David Scott Studying Hip Implant Designed to Decrease Osteoporosis
Lanx Launches Spine Patient Website
9 Orthopedic Devices Launched, Cleared in December FeaturedWritten by Heather Linder | Wednesday, 26 December 2012 17:32
Nine spine and orthopedic devices were launched or cleared by the FDA in December.Last modified on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 17:36
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Devices & Implants
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- 18 spine devices receives FDA 510(k) clearance in June
- Mesoblast's 24-month trial results for chronic low back pain released: 8 insights from the study on MPC injections
- Medtronic, SeaSpine, Zimmer Biomet & more: 17 key notes
- Stryker, Globus Medical, Zimmer Biomet & more: 15 key notes
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Has Xenco Medical Ushered in the Future of Spine Surgery?
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- Dr. Kevin Pauza unsurprised with Tiger Woods' slow back surgery recovery: 5 insights
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- Where global spine market leaders are headed: 7 key notes on Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, Stryker & more
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- CMS's lowest vs. highest-paid physicians: 5 key points
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- 5 trends in complex spine surgery
- Which 4 emerging trends will drive the global spine surgery market?
- Orthopedic surgeons leave Salina Regional over on-call payment dispute: 5 things to know
- Andrews Institute adds regenerative medicine, stem cell center: 5 things to know
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- ISSCR updates stem cell research guidelines; warns against stem cell medical tourism — 5 insights
- The low hanging fruit of HIPAA compliance: 8 best practices
- Stryker launches Aero-C spinal fusion implant: 5 key notes
- Zimmer Biomet to acquire LDR in $1B transaction — 9 things to know
- The great PA debate: Should spine surgeons hire them?
- Surgeon entrepreneur: Dr. Kern Singh's quest to make lateral spine surgery more accessible
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- MIS spine's promising future — Key insights from SMISS President Dr. Greg Anderson
- 87% of solo practitioners to face MIPS penalty in 2019 — 6 statistics on how Medicare's new payment model may impact solo physicians & small practices
- How Responsive Orthopedics defied the industry norm to make knee, hip devices more affordable — 6 key insights
- Paradigm Spine pays $585k in False Claims Act settlement; denies allegations: 5 things to know
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- Bundled payments to account for 30%-45% of spine reimbursement in 3 years: 4 insights
- More than half of hospital orthopedic programs unprepared for CMS joint replacement program: 7 takeaways