1. Smith & Nephew released an extension to the LEGION Total Knee System, featuring implants thinner in the medial and lateral dimension.
2. The FDA granted 510(k) clearance to Ascendx Spine for its VCF Repair System for vertebral compression fractures.
3. Blue Belt Technologies' NavioPFS unicondylar knee replacement system received FDA 510(k) clearance.
4. NuVasive received Japanese clearance for its CoRoent Large Impacted and CoRoent Large Tapered titanium alloy spine implants.
5. Precision Spine received FDA 510(k) clearance for its Mini-Max Minimally Invasive Access System.
6. Medical device company aap implantate received FDA 510(k) clearance for the first six systems of its LOQTEQ trauma plating system.
7. Boston Scientific Corporation began its European market launch of Precision Spectra Spinal Cord Stimulator System, a commercial implant with 32 contacts and 32 power sourced to provide spine pain relief.
8. Medtronic launched its latest cervical surgical technique portfolio, the Cervical Facetlift.
9. K2M, a spine device company focused on complex spinal pathologies and minimally invasive procedures, launched its MESA Spinal Systems and SERENGETI Minimally Invasive Retractor Systems in Italy.
More Articles on Devices:
Surgical Innovations Appoints John Griffith, Jake Timothy to Clinical Advisory Board
Dr. David Scott Studying Hip Implant Designed to Decrease Osteoporosis
Lanx Launches Spine Patient Website
9 Orthopedic Devices Launched, Cleared in December FeaturedWritten by Heather Linder | Wednesday, 26 December 2012 17:32
Nine spine and orthopedic devices were launched or cleared by the FDA in December.Last modified on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 17:36
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Devices & Implants
- Stryker, RTI Surgical, Medtronic & more: 15 key notes
- Sen. Al Franken requests further information on Medtronic's Infuse — But has anything changed since YODA?
- Novel technologies make a splash in outpatient spine setting — Dr. Nick Shamie weighs in
- Rush Health partners with United Airlines to provide orthopedic, spine procedures: 4 observations
- Stryker's net earnings up 79.5%; Orthopedics sales reach $1.1B: 9 key notes on Q1 2016
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 336 spine surgeons to know — 2016
- Rumors of a Stryker acquisition of Smith & Nephew swirl once again: 6 key notes
- Google and Johnson & Johnson to form new surgical company — 4 highlights
- Transparency in healthcare can work today — Hoag Orthopedic Institute proves it
- Stryker director sells 18k shares, following Smith & Nephew acquisition rumors: 7 points
- 5 huge reputation management mistakes for surgeons
- Did Loma Linda's orthopedic device rep-less strategy work? 5 things to know
- Alphatec Spine, LDR, Globus Medical & more — 21 key notes
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2015? 32 things to know
- The theory behind Geisinger's spine surgery refund
- Smith & Nephew acquires Blue Belt Technologies — Will Stryker make its move soon? 5 key notes
- Physician receives second-degree murder sentence for overprescribing pain medication: 6 key points
- Is the Johnson & Johnson job cut an ominous sign for the medical device industry? 5 key thoughts
- Population health on a budget: How one orthopedic surgeon succeeded in Chicago's most impoverished neighborhoods
- Justice Department investigates pain compounding cream for $500M potential fraud: 5 things to know
- 10 Things to know about the Comprehensive Care for Joint Replacement (CJR) Model
- 32 hospitals to pay $28M in spine surgery false claims settlement: 5 things to know
- Looking ahead to 2016: What excites spine surgeons most?
- ProDisc-C vs. spinal fusion: Which has better results? 5 key notes
- Dr. R.J. Meagher joins Laser Spine Institute: 5 things to know
- 5 most common reasons orthopedic surgeons are sued
- 10 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in January 2016
- Reducing the cost of spine care: Key thoughts from 4 spine surgeons
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Dr. Robert Blok joins Laser Spine Institute — 4 key points
- 5 ways big data will affect healthcare providers in 2016 & beyond
- North Carolina physician group creates orthopedic bundled payment system — 5 takeaways
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- 15 statistics on orthopedic surgeon starting salaries
- Surgical tech sues Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeon after OR altercation — 5 key notes
- Does universal healthcare in Massachusetts equalize treatment between races in cervical spinal trauma? 5 key notes
- The best way to prepare for the future in spine: Dr. Hyun Bae
- Stryker, Titan Spine, ConforMIS & more: 16 key notes
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- 13 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2016
- From cost to patient care — The many ways orthopedic bundled payments help hospitals