1. Smith & Nephew released an extension to the LEGION Total Knee System, featuring implants thinner in the medial and lateral dimension.
2. The FDA granted 510(k) clearance to Ascendx Spine for its VCF Repair System for vertebral compression fractures.
3. Blue Belt Technologies' NavioPFS unicondylar knee replacement system received FDA 510(k) clearance.
4. NuVasive received Japanese clearance for its CoRoent Large Impacted and CoRoent Large Tapered titanium alloy spine implants.
5. Precision Spine received FDA 510(k) clearance for its Mini-Max Minimally Invasive Access System.
6. Medical device company aap implantate received FDA 510(k) clearance for the first six systems of its LOQTEQ trauma plating system.
7. Boston Scientific Corporation began its European market launch of Precision Spectra Spinal Cord Stimulator System, a commercial implant with 32 contacts and 32 power sourced to provide spine pain relief.
8. Medtronic launched its latest cervical surgical technique portfolio, the Cervical Facetlift.
9. K2M, a spine device company focused on complex spinal pathologies and minimally invasive procedures, launched its MESA Spinal Systems and SERENGETI Minimally Invasive Retractor Systems in Italy.
More Articles on Devices:
Surgical Innovations Appoints John Griffith, Jake Timothy to Clinical Advisory Board
Dr. David Scott Studying Hip Implant Designed to Decrease Osteoporosis
Lanx Launches Spine Patient Website
9 Orthopedic Devices Launched, Cleared in December FeaturedWritten by Heather Linder | Wednesday, 26 December 2012 17:32
Nine spine and orthopedic devices were launched or cleared by the FDA in December.Last modified on Wednesday, 26 December 2012 17:36
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Most Read - Devices & Implants
- Did this orthopedic surgeon let his PA perform surgery? Dr. Munir Uwaydah faces conspiracy, $150M fraud & aggravated mayhem charges: 6 key notes
- Surface technology for spine devices: Key trends & concepts
- Q2 financials: 150 things to know about NuVasive, Stryker, J&J Orthopedics & more
- Zimmer Biomet, Implanet, Globus Medical & more — 18 key notes
- Innovations in cervical integrated interbody: What you need to know for clinical success
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- North American Spine brings in two new procedures — 5 things to know
- DePuy Synthes, Stryker, Zimmer, Medtronic lead global orthopedics now — 8 key notes on where they're headed
- 15 things to know about Zimmer Biomet
- 20 Spine Surgeon Leadership Awards | 2015
- 25 Spine Device Awards | 2015
- A differentiated approach in lateral spine surgery: Oblique lateral interbody fusion (OLIF at L2-L5)
- Neurosurgeon named in counterfeit spinal implant lawsuit — 5 things to know
- Top 10 specialties with highest pay — Orthopedists lead the pack
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google
- Dr. Aria Sabit pleads guilty to unnecessary spine surgery, faces 11+ years in prison — 5 things to know
- 55 statistics and issues for neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeons — compensation, global device market and more
- Is the Zimmer-Biomet closed merger finally around the corner? 5 things to know
- Dr. Neal ElAttrache to perform Manny Pacquiao's shoulder surgery: 5 things to know
- Medtronic pays 8 physicians $1M+: 5 key notes
- Another spine surgeon named in "fake implants" lawsuit — This time in Maryland: 5 key notes
- Northwestern's Feinberg School of Medicine neurological surgery chief Dr. Andrew Parsa dies
- Spinal fusion vs. disc replacement: Which costs more? 5 key notes
- Zimmer Q1 sales drop 2.3%, Biomet merger still not final — 10 things to know
- How The CORE Institute grew 40% last quarter — IT leads the way
- Is Smith & Nephew's cost-conscious strategy working? 5 key notes
- UPMC's Dr. Tanya Hagen dies at age 45
- Hospitals face 4 lawsuits in connection with unnecessary spine surgeries case — 6 things to know
- Medtronic facing product liability lawsuit over Infuse once more: 9 things to know
- How high-energy spine surgeons start their day — 5 things to know
- Grand jury indicts troubled Texas spine surgeon — 5 key notes
- 5 statistics on orthopedic surgeon net worth
- Cervical disc replacement Mobi-C vs. spinal fusion: Are there advantages to one? 6 key notes
- Spinal deformity surgery — On the cutting edge with Drs. Isador Lieberman, Suken Shah
- Patient sues troubled orthopedic surgeon for malpractice — 7 things to know
- 23 statistics for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth & more
- Hospital for Special Surgery names Dr. Frank Schwab spine service chief — 5 things to know
- 10 trends in the spinal fusion market
- 8 ways to improve your patient experience
- Brigham and Women's Hospital names Dr. James Kang orthopedics chairman: 6 key facts
- The future of orthopedics: ACOs, bundled payments, gain-sharing & the advantage in change
- 8 reasons why things are looking up for Amedica
- Minimally invasive spine surgery — Current trends & topics
- The best vacation spots for spine surgeons
- Spine surgery in a value-based world: Dr. Jed Vanichkachorn on spine bundled payments
- Hospital employment vs. independent practice: 5 spine surgeons weigh in