Here are 10 recent partnerships and acquisitions for orthopedic and spine device companies.
Alphatec Spine closed its acquisition of certain assets of Phygen, which will likely strengthen the company's capabilities.
DSM has partnered with AxioMed Spine to extend an existing licensing and supply agreement for CarboSil Thermoplastic Silicon-Polycarbonate-urethane material for use with AxioMed's Freedom Lumbar and Freedom Cervical Discs.
Medtronic has completed its $755 million acquisition of Chinese orthopedic device company China Kanghui Holdings to strengthen its product portfolio and add new products in trauma, spine and joint reconstruction.
Paradigm Spine and OM HealthCare Logistics signed a multi-year supply chain services agreement for the domestic healthcare marketplace to distribute the recently FDA-approved coflex device.
Smith & Nephew has purchased Texas-based Healthpoint Biotherapeutics for $782 million with the hopes that the acquisition will strengthen its position in the bioactive wound care market.
Spine Wave has completed a definitive agreement to acquire Santa Clara Technology, which develops technology for expandable titanium interbody cage platforms.
Symmetry Medical is partnering with MTG Medical Technologies for exclusive distribution in Europe of Symmetry Surigcal's portfolio.
Symmetry Surgical is partnering with Italian device maker Biocommercial to distribute its portfolio of surgical instruments across Europe and expand the company's global reach.
TranS1 has reached a distribution agreement with Beijing Jiade Sunshine that covers the sale of AxiaLIF products, which were granted a registration certificate by China's State Food and Drug Administration, in most of China.
Wright Medical Group announced it will purchase regenerative medicine company BioMimetic Therapeutics for up to $380 million, pending FDA approval of a new BioMimetic product.
More Articles on Orthopedic Devices:
Bringing Two-Level Artificial Cervical Disc Replacements to the US Market: Q&A With Joe Ross of LDR
Zimmer Sues Supplier for Relocating Production
Medical Device Industry: 3 Ongoing Challenges
Most Read - Devices & Implants
- 5 reasons why Medtronic is poised for growth in the next 5 years, despite a disappointing Q2
- 10 most popular device and implant stories of 2016
- How 8 large orthopedic, spine device companies are doing financially
- 6 things to know about nanotechnology in healthcare
- Zimmer Biomet, J&J, Stryker & more: 15 device company key notes
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- Understanding the Impact of the CMS 2017 ASC Payment Rule on Spine Procedures
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Trump or Hillary? The physicians have voted
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 15 spine surgeons discuss techniques revolutionizing spine care
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- Do you know what patients really care about when choosing a spine surgeon?
- Robotics is here to stay — Drs. Kornelis Poelstra & Dennis Devito on working with Mazor technology
- Medtronic, SeaSpine, Zimmer Biomet & more: 17 key notes
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- 10 thoughts and statistics on medical malpractice claims against orthopedists
- 33 of the largest orthopedic groups in the US by number of physicians
- UCLA pays $8.5M to settle 2 lawsuits after undisclosed spine surgeon relationship with Medtronic: 5 key notes
- 4 of the most pressing challenges orthopedic surgeons face in 2017
- 5 largest orthopedic companies have 61% of market share
- What not to wear — Physician's attire elicits mixed responses in outpatient orthopedic centers
- 8 spine codes CMS proposes for ASC coverage in 2017
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google - 2016
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spine surgery on Patriots' Rob Gronkowski
- 8 biggest stories in 2016's spine market — Acquisitions, lawsuits, bundled payments & more
- Orthopedic residency programs violate Match Code of Conduct: 6 things to know
- The science of healthcare delivery: 10 thoughts on the future structure of healthcare organizations
- 7 trends in the spine surgical robot market