Here are 10 recent partnerships and acquisitions for orthopedic and spine device companies.
Alphatec Spine closed its acquisition of certain assets of Phygen, which will likely strengthen the company's capabilities.
DSM has partnered with AxioMed Spine to extend an existing licensing and supply agreement for CarboSil Thermoplastic Silicon-Polycarbonate-urethane material for use with AxioMed's Freedom Lumbar and Freedom Cervical Discs.
Medtronic has completed its $755 million acquisition of Chinese orthopedic device company China Kanghui Holdings to strengthen its product portfolio and add new products in trauma, spine and joint reconstruction.
Paradigm Spine and OM HealthCare Logistics signed a multi-year supply chain services agreement for the domestic healthcare marketplace to distribute the recently FDA-approved coflex device.
Smith & Nephew has purchased Texas-based Healthpoint Biotherapeutics for $782 million with the hopes that the acquisition will strengthen its position in the bioactive wound care market.
Spine Wave has completed a definitive agreement to acquire Santa Clara Technology, which develops technology for expandable titanium interbody cage platforms.
Symmetry Medical is partnering with MTG Medical Technologies for exclusive distribution in Europe of Symmetry Surigcal's portfolio.
Symmetry Surgical is partnering with Italian device maker Biocommercial to distribute its portfolio of surgical instruments across Europe and expand the company's global reach.
TranS1 has reached a distribution agreement with Beijing Jiade Sunshine that covers the sale of AxiaLIF products, which were granted a registration certificate by China's State Food and Drug Administration, in most of China.
Wright Medical Group announced it will purchase regenerative medicine company BioMimetic Therapeutics for up to $380 million, pending FDA approval of a new BioMimetic product.
More Articles on Orthopedic Devices:
Bringing Two-Level Artificial Cervical Disc Replacements to the US Market: Q&A With Joe Ross of LDR
Zimmer Sues Supplier for Relocating Production
Medical Device Industry: 3 Ongoing Challenges
Most Read - Devices & Implants
- Siemens, Ziehm, GE, Hologic, OrthoScan & Medtronic: 26 O-arm & C-arm systems
- PODs under attack again: 5 key notes from the Senate Finance Committee's report
- Medtronic invests in Mazor, inks commercial agreement: 6 things to know
- Medtronic, NuVasive lead US MIS interbody fusion market: 7 observations
- Stryker, Smith & Nephew, K2M & more: 18 key notes
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 336 spine surgeons to know — 2016
- Rumors of a Stryker acquisition of Smith & Nephew swirl once again: 6 key notes
- Google and Johnson & Johnson to form new surgical company — 4 highlights
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2015? 32 things to know
- Did Loma Linda's orthopedic device rep-less strategy work? 5 things to know
- 5 huge reputation management mistakes for surgeons
- Stryker director sells 18k shares, following Smith & Nephew acquisition rumors: 7 points
- Is the Johnson & Johnson job cut an ominous sign for the medical device industry? 5 key thoughts
- Smith & Nephew acquires Blue Belt Technologies — Will Stryker make its move soon? 5 key notes
- Justice Department investigates pain compounding cream for $500M potential fraud: 5 things to know
- Physician receives second-degree murder sentence for overprescribing pain medication: 6 key points
- Population health on a budget: How one orthopedic surgeon succeeded in Chicago's most impoverished neighborhoods
- Looking ahead to 2016: What excites spine surgeons most?
- 5 most common reasons orthopedic surgeons are sued
- 32 hospitals to pay $28M in spine surgery false claims settlement: 5 things to know
- 10 spine, neurosurgeons on the move in January 2016
- North Carolina physician group creates orthopedic bundled payment system — 5 takeaways
- Dr. James Andrews #5 among richest doctors in the world: 6 points
- Dr. Robert Blok joins Laser Spine Institute — 4 key points
- 5 ways big data will affect healthcare providers in 2016 & beyond
- 5 things to know about wearable technology in medicine
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, J&J & more: 26 key notes — AAOS edition
- 22 spine surgeon leadership awards | 2016
- Stryker, Titan Spine, ConforMIS & more: 16 key notes
- Surgical tech sues Yale-New Haven Hospital surgeon after OR altercation — 5 key notes
- Orthopedic surgeons generate $2.7M for affiliated hospitals; 5.5 times what they make — 5 survey findings
- CJR bundles to pay $25k per episode: 8 statistics on cost breakdown
- Bundled payments, consolidation & more: How OrthoVirginia is building a future-facing empire
- 15 statistics on orthopedic surgeon starting salaries
- The best way to prepare for the future in spine: Dr. Hyun Bae
- From cost to patient care — The many ways orthopedic bundled payments help hospitals
- Top 10 highest-earning physician specialties — Orthopedics leads for 6th consecutive year
- Beyond the device: How DePuy Synthes is innovating in orthopedic & spine technology
- 6 statistics on orthopedic surgeon compensation — Which practice setting pays most?
- 13 statistics on neurosurgeon salary in 2016
- The entrepreneur mindset: How an MBA opened doors for one spine surgeon's practice
- Orthopedics and spine — 6 trends for 2016
- The growth of outpatient spine — 9 Key Points
- Top 5 EHR vendors to partner with in 2016
- Dr. Kevin Pauza unsurprised with Tiger Woods' slow back surgery recovery: 5 insights