Here are 10 recent partnerships and acquisitions for orthopedic and spine device companies.
Alphatec Spine closed its acquisition of certain assets of Phygen, which will likely strengthen the company's capabilities.
DSM has partnered with AxioMed Spine to extend an existing licensing and supply agreement for CarboSil Thermoplastic Silicon-Polycarbonate-urethane material for use with AxioMed's Freedom Lumbar and Freedom Cervical Discs.
Medtronic has completed its $755 million acquisition of Chinese orthopedic device company China Kanghui Holdings to strengthen its product portfolio and add new products in trauma, spine and joint reconstruction.
Paradigm Spine and OM HealthCare Logistics signed a multi-year supply chain services agreement for the domestic healthcare marketplace to distribute the recently FDA-approved coflex device.
Smith & Nephew has purchased Texas-based Healthpoint Biotherapeutics for $782 million with the hopes that the acquisition will strengthen its position in the bioactive wound care market.
Spine Wave has completed a definitive agreement to acquire Santa Clara Technology, which develops technology for expandable titanium interbody cage platforms.
Symmetry Medical is partnering with MTG Medical Technologies for exclusive distribution in Europe of Symmetry Surigcal's portfolio.
Symmetry Surgical is partnering with Italian device maker Biocommercial to distribute its portfolio of surgical instruments across Europe and expand the company's global reach.
TranS1 has reached a distribution agreement with Beijing Jiade Sunshine that covers the sale of AxiaLIF products, which were granted a registration certificate by China's State Food and Drug Administration, in most of China.
Wright Medical Group announced it will purchase regenerative medicine company BioMimetic Therapeutics for up to $380 million, pending FDA approval of a new BioMimetic product.
More Articles on Orthopedic Devices:
Bringing Two-Level Artificial Cervical Disc Replacements to the US Market: Q&A With Joe Ross of LDR
Zimmer Sues Supplier for Relocating Production
Medical Device Industry: 3 Ongoing Challenges
Most Read - Devices & Implants
- Is the Johnson & Johnson job cut an ominous sign for the medical device industry? 5 key thoughts
- DePuy Synthes, Medtronic, NuVasive & Stryker lead the US lateral lumbar interbody fusion market — 5 observations
- Johnson & Johnson to cut 6% of medical device jobs — 5 things to know
- SeaSpine, K2M, Smith & Nephew & more: 19 key notes
- Moody's: 3 important insights into the orthopedic device industry in 2016
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Cleveland Clinic standardizes to 2 implant vendors, at least one orthopedic surgeon out
- 22 minimally invasive spine devices to know
- 5 things to know about physician assistant pay
- Becker's Spine Review Channels
- Did this orthopedic surgeon let his PA perform surgery? Dr. Munir Uwaydah faces conspiracy, $150M fraud & aggravated mayhem charges: 6 key notes
- Surface technology for spine devices: Key trends & concepts
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Reilly's whistleblower lawsuit results in $69M+ penalty for Broward Health — 7 things to know
- 15 things to know about physician shortages
- 334 spine surgeons to know — 2016
- Current annual & hourly salary rates for orthopedic surgeons: 8 statistics
- Dr. Richard Rooney pleads guilty to undisclosed financial interest, sentenced to prison: 5 things to know
- Dr. Sang-Ho Lee awarded Parviz Kambin award for endoscopic spine surgery at NASS meeting: 5 highlights
- Physician stabbed in Virginia leaving clinic — Attacker wanted more pain meds
- Rumors of a Stryker acquisition of Smith & Nephew swirl once again: 6 key notes
- Stryker recalls 16k+ units of orthopedic products: 5 takeaways
- The future of private practice: Key thoughts from OrthoCarolina CEO Dr. Daniel Murrey
- 5 trends putting the squeeze on surgical practices
- MIS, stem cells, biologics & more: What excites spine surgeons most about the current landscape?
- Transparency in healthcare can work today — Hoag Orthopedic Institute proves it
- Google and Johnson & Johnson to form new surgical company — 4 highlights
- Drs. Troy Caron, Raj Kakarlapudi, Jeff Martin join Laser Spine's surgery centers: 5 key points
- Global spine surgery device market seeing double-digit growth: 5 key points
- 8 surprising topics your spine patients are researching
- The theory behind Geisinger's spine surgery refund
- The ICD-10 deadline is almost upon us — Are spine surgeons ready?
- 5 key trends on Massachusetts physician pay — And what it means for US physicians
- 5 huge reputation management mistakes for surgeons
- Q2 financials: 150 things to know about NuVasive, Stryker, J&J Orthopedics & more
- 5 trends in the medical tourism market
- 10 statistics on neurosurgeon salaries & bonuses
- 10 key notes on the 2016 CMS physician fee schedule
- Stryker director sells 18k shares, following Smith & Nephew acquisition rumors: 7 points
- Intersecting care of spine pain specialists & spine surgeons: Drs. Heidi Prather & Scott Glaser talk pain
- Rothman Institute merges with OrthopaediCare; adds 17 physicians: 4 things to know
- Did Loma Linda's orthopedic device rep-less strategy work? 5 things to know
- Alphatec Spine, LDR, Globus Medical & more — 21 key notes
- Population health on a budget: How one orthopedic surgeon succeeded in Chicago's most impoverished neighborhoods
- Is PEEK cost-effective for spinal surgery? 5 things to know
- 32 hospitals to pay $28M in spine surgery false claims settlement: 5 things to know
- ProDisc-C vs. spinal fusion: Which has better results? 5 key notes