Here are 10 recent partnerships and acquisitions for orthopedic and spine device companies.
Alphatec Spine closed its acquisition of certain assets of Phygen, which will likely strengthen the company's capabilities.
DSM has partnered with AxioMed Spine to extend an existing licensing and supply agreement for CarboSil Thermoplastic Silicon-Polycarbonate-urethane material for use with AxioMed's Freedom Lumbar and Freedom Cervical Discs.
Medtronic has completed its $755 million acquisition of Chinese orthopedic device company China Kanghui Holdings to strengthen its product portfolio and add new products in trauma, spine and joint reconstruction.
Paradigm Spine and OM HealthCare Logistics signed a multi-year supply chain services agreement for the domestic healthcare marketplace to distribute the recently FDA-approved coflex device.
Smith & Nephew has purchased Texas-based Healthpoint Biotherapeutics for $782 million with the hopes that the acquisition will strengthen its position in the bioactive wound care market.
Spine Wave has completed a definitive agreement to acquire Santa Clara Technology, which develops technology for expandable titanium interbody cage platforms.
Symmetry Medical is partnering with MTG Medical Technologies for exclusive distribution in Europe of Symmetry Surigcal's portfolio.
Symmetry Surgical is partnering with Italian device maker Biocommercial to distribute its portfolio of surgical instruments across Europe and expand the company's global reach.
TranS1 has reached a distribution agreement with Beijing Jiade Sunshine that covers the sale of AxiaLIF products, which were granted a registration certificate by China's State Food and Drug Administration, in most of China.
Wright Medical Group announced it will purchase regenerative medicine company BioMimetic Therapeutics for up to $380 million, pending FDA approval of a new BioMimetic product.
More Articles on Orthopedic Devices:
Bringing Two-Level Artificial Cervical Disc Replacements to the US Market: Q&A With Joe Ross of LDR
Zimmer Sues Supplier for Relocating Production
Medical Device Industry: 3 Ongoing Challenges
Most Read - Devices & Implants
- After Unveiling in MIT Lecture, Xenco Medical Founder Announces Launch of Virtual, Holographic System for Surgical Planning
- Medtronic, Stryker, Zimmer Biomet, DePuy Synthes, Smith & Nephew: Who had the best 2016? 28 things to know
- DePuy Synthes launches ATTUNE Revision Fixed Bearing Tibial Base and Cemented Stem — 5 notes
- FDA clears 1st cervical cage for use in 4 contiguous levels — 5 details
- Alphatec launches device for MIS lateral access procedures — 5 takeaways
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Understanding the Impact of the CMS 2017 ASC Payment Rule on Spine Procedures
- 15 spine surgeons discuss techniques revolutionizing spine care
- 4 of the most pressing challenges orthopedic surgeons face in 2017
- What not to wear — Physician's attire elicits mixed responses in outpatient orthopedic centers
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spine surgery on Patriots' Rob Gronkowski
- Behind bars for fraud: Neurosurgeon Dr. Aria Sabit receives nearly 20-year prison sentence — 8 key insights
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google - 2016
- 7 trends in healthcare digital transformation
- 9 Mayo Clinic strategies to quench the physician burnout flame
- 36 woman physician leaders to know
- Seattle Times examines Swedish-Cherry Hill's neuroscience program balance of volume & quality
- Rochester Regional Health in NY acquires Finger Lakes Bone & Joint Center: 5 key notes
- 4 spine surgeons caught in fraud — Prisoners, probationers & a fugitive
- Guilty verdict for neurosurgeon Dr. Christopher Duntsch for causing 'injury to an elderly person' — 5 things to know
- 26 latest statistics & notes on neurosurgeon salary — Hourly, annual & regional pay
- A review of 7 spine device company powerhouses in 2016
- Best & worst patient outcomes — Patients may now compare US surgeons by name
- Why the direct anterior approach for THA is the future
- Spine care in 2017: 4 spine surgeons make predictions
- Google Glass, GoPro or Panasonic HX-A100: Which is best during spine surgery? 5 key notes
- Five trends that every orthopedic professional should watch in 2017
- Swedish-Cherry Hill neuroscience chair Dr. Johnny Delashaw steps down amid investigation — 5 things to know
- What Stryker CEO Kevin Lobo said on CNBC: 7 key quotes on healthcare, business & the future
- Medtronic plans to sell medical supplies unit, Bloomberg reports: 6 key insights
- What 6 sports medicine physicians wish they would've known at the beginning of their careers
- American College of Physicians releases new guidelines for treating low back pain: 5 key points
- 40 statistics on spine surgeon and neurosurgeon pay
- 16 things to know about spinal fusions
- Dr. Kenneth Pettine: Stem cell therapy is here to stay
- Titan Spine leads push for titanium interbody device resurgence through nanotechnology differentiation
- Dr. Christopher Duntsch sentenced to life in prison for injuring his patients: 5 key takeaways
- How 10 spine surgeons are preparing their practice for a Donald Trump presidency
- 5 reasons why spine care will boom in the next decade
- The man behind the fraud — Who is Dr. Aria Sabit?
- 10 things to know about Stryker
- 5 health IT predictions for 2017
- Drs. Frederick Boop, Michael Gleiber, F. Todd Wetzel & more: 90+ spine surgeons & neurosurgeons receiving honors in 2016
- Rothman Institute, Thomas Jefferson University & Jefferson Health open concierge spine center of excellence
- DePuy Synthes earns FDA clearance for VIPER, EXPEDIUM screws: 5 highlights
- Henry Ford Health System drops out of Medicare bundled payments for joint replacement: 5 key notes