Here are 10 recent partnerships and acquisitions for orthopedic and spine device companies.
Alphatec Spine closed its acquisition of certain assets of Phygen, which will likely strengthen the company's capabilities.
DSM has partnered with AxioMed Spine to extend an existing licensing and supply agreement for CarboSil Thermoplastic Silicon-Polycarbonate-urethane material for use with AxioMed's Freedom Lumbar and Freedom Cervical Discs.
Medtronic has completed its $755 million acquisition of Chinese orthopedic device company China Kanghui Holdings to strengthen its product portfolio and add new products in trauma, spine and joint reconstruction.
Paradigm Spine and OM HealthCare Logistics signed a multi-year supply chain services agreement for the domestic healthcare marketplace to distribute the recently FDA-approved coflex device.
Smith & Nephew has purchased Texas-based Healthpoint Biotherapeutics for $782 million with the hopes that the acquisition will strengthen its position in the bioactive wound care market.
Spine Wave has completed a definitive agreement to acquire Santa Clara Technology, which develops technology for expandable titanium interbody cage platforms.
Symmetry Medical is partnering with MTG Medical Technologies for exclusive distribution in Europe of Symmetry Surigcal's portfolio.
Symmetry Surgical is partnering with Italian device maker Biocommercial to distribute its portfolio of surgical instruments across Europe and expand the company's global reach.
TranS1 has reached a distribution agreement with Beijing Jiade Sunshine that covers the sale of AxiaLIF products, which were granted a registration certificate by China's State Food and Drug Administration, in most of China.
Wright Medical Group announced it will purchase regenerative medicine company BioMimetic Therapeutics for up to $380 million, pending FDA approval of a new BioMimetic product.
More Articles on Orthopedic Devices:
Bringing Two-Level Artificial Cervical Disc Replacements to the US Market: Q&A With Joe Ross of LDR
Zimmer Sues Supplier for Relocating Production
Medical Device Industry: 3 Ongoing Challenges
Most Read - Devices & Implants
- Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, Wright Medical Group & more: 12 key notes
- Medtronic, Xtant Medical, Titan Spine & more: 13 key notes
- Medtronic finds its place in orthopedic market with knee-implant service: 5 observations
- Zimmer Biomet, Amendia & more — 3 recent device company acquisitions & partnerships
- 7 new spine, orthopedic device launches & releases — Nov. 23, 2016
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Zimmer Biomet to acquire LDR in $1B transaction — 9 things to know
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- Zimmer Biomet jumps into robotics with MedTech acquisition: 5 things to know
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Russin dies following plane crash: 5 key notes
- 34 latest trends in the global orthopedic devices market
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- Trump or Hillary? The physicians have voted
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- Do you know what patients really care about when choosing a spine surgeon?
- 13 facts and statistics on Baby Boomers for spine surgeons to know
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- 10 thoughts and statistics on medical malpractice claims against orthopedists
- Evolutionary vs. revolutionary: The future of surgical devices and spine surgery
- Robotics is here to stay — Drs. Kornelis Poelstra & Dennis Devito on working with Mazor technology
- UCLA pays $8.5M to settle 2 lawsuits after undisclosed spine surgeon relationship with Medtronic: 5 key notes
- Medtronic, SeaSpine, Zimmer Biomet & more: 17 key notes