1. Multi-provider patient portal/tools.
2. Medical information is made relevant.
3. Patient-generated data is sought out.
4. Portable and on the patient's terms.
5. Collaborative care process with shared decision making tools.
6. Patient-facing tools that are inviting to use.
7. Recognize the importance of caregivers and the family proxy.
To view the entire article, click here.
More Articles on Patient Engagement:5 Challenges of Engaging Patients
6 Lessons on Engaging Patients From Aligning Forces for Quality
Engaging Consumers in Health — The Basis of a Sustainable Future