Here are nine questions to ask when negotiating cloud computing services, according to Forbes' coverage of the Stanford Technology Law Review article:
1. Who is liable for damages from interruptions in service?
2. What service level agreements are in the contract?
3. Does availability extend to data?
4. Where is the data going to be physically located?
5. How can users avoid vendor lock-in and exit if needed?
6. Who maintains data for legal or compliance purposes, and what happen to it when contracts are terminated?
7. What happens when providers decide to change their service?
8. Who maintains intellectual property rights?
9. What are the grounds for service termination?
More Articles on Cloud Computing:In 2013, Your Health IT Should Enable a Sustainable Operational Strategy
4 Health IT Security Predictions for 2013
10 Best Practices for Data Breach Prevention, Response Plans