Physicians, executives and practice managers were surveyed on how they currently use mobile technologies and how they intend to use them in the future. Key findings from the survey include:
• Seventy-two percent of healthcare professionals are already using their mobile device for work purposes, but only 6 percent are currently using their devices to connect to their EHR or to e-prescribe.
• Physicians want to be able to review (93 percent) and update (87 percent) a patient's chart as well as order prescriptions (86 percent) on their mobile device.
• Respondents presently use their mobile device to email, phone, text or send other communications (55 percent) and perform medical research on the go (20 percent). Fourteen percent of respondents use their mobile device as a remote desktop solution (14 percent).
• The ability to document a patient's encounter (82 percent) and perform out-of-office activities (67 percent) are essential elements surveyed professionals are looking for in a mobile EHR.
More Articles on Health IT:
October 3 is Final Day for Eligible Professionals to Begin Reporting Period for Medicare EHR Incentive Program
Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records: Does it Improve Health Outcomes?
AHIMA: 3 Ways Health IT Professionals Can Ensure Data Integrity in HIEs
91% of Physicians Are Interested in Mobile EHRsWritten by Kathleen Roney | Friday, 17 August 2012 21:23
Ninety-one percent of physicians are interested in accessing electronic health records via mobile devices, according to an "EHR Solutions and Mobile Technologies Study" by Vitera Healthcare Solutions, a Tampa, Fla.-based healthcare information technology provider.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- 20 new MIS spine devices in 2016
- 44 MIS spine devices to know | 2016
- 21 smart spine surgeons with gifted business minds
- Top 12 most-liked spine surgeons on the internet
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Consumer Reports: 34 top-rated US hospitals for hip replacements
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- Dr. George Rappard performs 1st US MIS procedure with Sony heads-up display: 5 observations
- Annual & hourly orthopedic surgeon salary — 10 latest statistics
- Trusting a robot — Dr. Juan Torres-Reveron on performing 1st US ROSA Spine surgery
- 12 statistics on social media's presence in the healthcare space
- 5 key notes on the Zimmer Biomet-LDR acquisition & its impact on Texas
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- Oregon spine surgeon implicated in $22M lawsuit for paralyzing patient with dropped instrument: 5 things to know
- UPMC to pay $2.5M+ to settle neurosurgery-related False Claims Act violation allegations: 7 things to know
- 4 North Carolina orthopedic practices merge to create EmergeOrtho: 5 key notes
- US News & World Report: Top 10 hospitals for orthopedics
- 7 things to know about Mazor Robotics & Medtronic's plans to roll out Mazor X
- The state of minimally invasive spine surgery: Dr. Frank Phillips on devices, payment & outpatient ASCs
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- Zimmer Biomet jumps into robotics with MedTech acquisition: 5 things to know
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Russin dies following plane crash: 5 key notes
- 34 latest trends in the global orthopedic devices market
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- Trump or Hillary? The physicians have voted
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- Do you know what patients really care about when choosing a spine surgeon?
- 13 facts and statistics on Baby Boomers for spine surgeons to know
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- Evolutionary vs. revolutionary: The future of surgical devices and spine surgery
- 10 thoughts and statistics on medical malpractice claims against orthopedists
- Robotics is here to stay — Drs. Kornelis Poelstra & Dennis Devito on working with Mazor technology
- UCLA pays $8.5M to settle 2 lawsuits after undisclosed spine surgeon relationship with Medtronic: 5 key notes
- Medtronic, SeaSpine, Zimmer Biomet & more: 17 key notes
- The efficacy of electrical bone stimulators & ultrasound for bone healing — Dr. Mohit Bhandari weighs in with new evidence