Physicians, executives and practice managers were surveyed on how they currently use mobile technologies and how they intend to use them in the future. Key findings from the survey include:
• Seventy-two percent of healthcare professionals are already using their mobile device for work purposes, but only 6 percent are currently using their devices to connect to their EHR or to e-prescribe.
• Physicians want to be able to review (93 percent) and update (87 percent) a patient's chart as well as order prescriptions (86 percent) on their mobile device.
• Respondents presently use their mobile device to email, phone, text or send other communications (55 percent) and perform medical research on the go (20 percent). Fourteen percent of respondents use their mobile device as a remote desktop solution (14 percent).
• The ability to document a patient's encounter (82 percent) and perform out-of-office activities (67 percent) are essential elements surveyed professionals are looking for in a mobile EHR.
More Articles on Health IT:
October 3 is Final Day for Eligible Professionals to Begin Reporting Period for Medicare EHR Incentive Program
Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records: Does it Improve Health Outcomes?
AHIMA: 3 Ways Health IT Professionals Can Ensure Data Integrity in HIEs
91% of Physicians Are Interested in Mobile EHRsWritten by Kathleen Roney | Friday, 17 August 2012 21:23
Ninety-one percent of physicians are interested in accessing electronic health records via mobile devices, according to an "EHR Solutions and Mobile Technologies Study" by Vitera Healthcare Solutions, a Tampa, Fla.-based healthcare information technology provider.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Cleveland Clinic standardizes to 2 implant vendors, at least one orthopedic surgeon out
- 22 minimally invasive spine devices to know
- 5 things to know about physician assistant pay
- Becker's Spine Review Channels
- Did this orthopedic surgeon let his PA perform surgery? Dr. Munir Uwaydah faces conspiracy, $150M fraud & aggravated mayhem charges: 6 key notes
- Surface technology for spine devices: Key trends & concepts
- Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Michael Reilly's whistleblower lawsuit results in $69M+ penalty for Broward Health — 7 things to know
- 15 things to know about physician shortages
- 334 spine surgeons to know — 2016
- Current annual & hourly salary rates for orthopedic surgeons: 8 statistics
- Dr. Richard Rooney pleads guilty to undisclosed financial interest, sentenced to prison: 5 things to know
- Dr. Sang-Ho Lee awarded Parviz Kambin award for endoscopic spine surgery at NASS meeting: 5 highlights
- Physician stabbed in Virginia leaving clinic — Attacker wanted more pain meds
- Rumors of a Stryker acquisition of Smith & Nephew swirl once again: 6 key notes
- Stryker recalls 16k+ units of orthopedic products: 5 takeaways
- The future of private practice: Key thoughts from OrthoCarolina CEO Dr. Daniel Murrey
- 5 trends putting the squeeze on surgical practices
- MIS, stem cells, biologics & more: What excites spine surgeons most about the current landscape?
- Transparency in healthcare can work today — Hoag Orthopedic Institute proves it
- Google and Johnson & Johnson to form new surgical company — 4 highlights
- Drs. Troy Caron, Raj Kakarlapudi, Jeff Martin join Laser Spine's surgery centers: 5 key points
- Global spine surgery device market seeing double-digit growth: 5 key points
- The theory behind Geisinger's spine surgery refund
- 8 surprising topics your spine patients are researching
- The ICD-10 deadline is almost upon us — Are spine surgeons ready?
- 5 key trends on Massachusetts physician pay — And what it means for US physicians
- Q2 financials: 150 things to know about NuVasive, Stryker, J&J Orthopedics & more
- 5 huge reputation management mistakes for surgeons
- 5 trends in the medical tourism market
- 10 statistics on neurosurgeon salaries & bonuses
- 10 key notes on the 2016 CMS physician fee schedule
- Stryker director sells 18k shares, following Smith & Nephew acquisition rumors: 7 points
- Intersecting care of spine pain specialists & spine surgeons: Drs. Heidi Prather & Scott Glaser talk pain
- Rothman Institute merges with OrthopaediCare; adds 17 physicians: 4 things to know
- Did Loma Linda's orthopedic device rep-less strategy work? 5 things to know
- Alphatec Spine, LDR, Globus Medical & more — 21 key notes
- Population health on a budget: How one orthopedic surgeon succeeded in Chicago's most impoverished neighborhoods
- Is PEEK cost-effective for spinal surgery? 5 things to know
- 32 hospitals to pay $28M in spine surgery false claims settlement: 5 things to know
- ProDisc-C vs. spinal fusion: Which has better results? 5 key notes