Physicians, executives and practice managers were surveyed on how they currently use mobile technologies and how they intend to use them in the future. Key findings from the survey include:
• Seventy-two percent of healthcare professionals are already using their mobile device for work purposes, but only 6 percent are currently using their devices to connect to their EHR or to e-prescribe.
• Physicians want to be able to review (93 percent) and update (87 percent) a patient's chart as well as order prescriptions (86 percent) on their mobile device.
• Respondents presently use their mobile device to email, phone, text or send other communications (55 percent) and perform medical research on the go (20 percent). Fourteen percent of respondents use their mobile device as a remote desktop solution (14 percent).
• The ability to document a patient's encounter (82 percent) and perform out-of-office activities (67 percent) are essential elements surveyed professionals are looking for in a mobile EHR.
More Articles on Health IT:
October 3 is Final Day for Eligible Professionals to Begin Reporting Period for Medicare EHR Incentive Program
Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records: Does it Improve Health Outcomes?
AHIMA: 3 Ways Health IT Professionals Can Ensure Data Integrity in HIEs
91% of Physicians Are Interested in Mobile EHRsWritten by Kathleen Roney | Friday, 17 August 2012 21:23
Ninety-one percent of physicians are interested in accessing electronic health records via mobile devices, according to an "EHR Solutions and Mobile Technologies Study" by Vitera Healthcare Solutions, a Tampa, Fla.-based healthcare information technology provider.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Understanding the Impact of the CMS 2017 ASC Payment Rule on Spine Procedures
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- 15 spine surgeons discuss techniques revolutionizing spine care
- 33 of the largest orthopedic groups in the US by number of physicians
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- 4 of the most pressing challenges orthopedic surgeons face in 2017
- What not to wear — Physician's attire elicits mixed responses in outpatient orthopedic centers
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spine surgery on Patriots' Rob Gronkowski
- Behind bars for fraud: Neurosurgeon Dr. Aria Sabit receives nearly 20-year prison sentence — 8 key insights
- Orthopedic residency programs violate Match Code of Conduct: 6 things to know
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google - 2016
- The science of healthcare delivery: 10 thoughts on the future structure of healthcare organizations
- 8 biggest stories in 2016's spine market — Acquisitions, lawsuits, bundled payments & more
- Wal-Mart adds Mayo Clinic to spine centers of excellence, 50% copay for out-of-network care
- 7 trends in healthcare digital transformation
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spinal disc surgery on Houston Texans' J.J. Watt: 4 notes
- Dr. Angus McBryde Jr. passes away after car accident: 4 things to know
- Dr. Robert Spetzler to resign as Barrow Neurological Institute's president, CEO; Dr. Michael Lawton to take helm — 5 things to know
- 9 Mayo Clinic strategies to quench the physician burnout flame
- 36 woman physician leaders to know
- 4 spine surgeons caught in fraud — Prisoners, probationers & a fugitive
- Guilty verdict for neurosurgeon Dr. Christopher Duntsch for causing 'injury to an elderly person' — 5 things to know
- 26 latest statistics & notes on neurosurgeon salary — Hourly, annual & regional pay
- Seattle Times examines Swedish-Cherry Hill's neuroscience program balance of volume & quality
- Rochester Regional Health in NY acquires Finger Lakes Bone & Joint Center: 5 key notes
- Anthem BlueCross and BlueShield now covers 2-Level disc replacement with Zimmer Biomet's Mobi-C
- A review of 7 spine device company powerhouses in 2016
- Why the direct anterior approach for THA is the future
- Best & worst patient outcomes — Patients may now compare US surgeons by name
- Spine care in 2017: 4 spine surgeons make predictions
- Google Glass, GoPro or Panasonic HX-A100: Which is best during spine surgery? 5 key notes
- Five trends that every orthopedic professional should watch in 2017
- Swedish-Cherry Hill neuroscience chair Dr. Johnny Delashaw steps down amid investigation — 5 things to know
- What Stryker CEO Kevin Lobo said on CNBC: 7 key quotes on healthcare, business & the future
- Medtronic plans to sell medical supplies unit, Bloomberg reports: 6 key insights