The study surveyed 3,015 U.S. practicing physicians across more than 25 specialties. Key findings from the study include:
• Physician tablet adoption hit 62 percent in 2012, compared with 35 percent in 2011.
• Around 50 percent of tablet-owning physicians have used their device at the point-of-care.
• Physicians with three screens, such as tablets, smartphones and desktops or laptops, spend more time online with each device and go online more during the workday than physicians with fewer screens.
• More than two-thirds of physicians use video to learn and keep up-to-date with clinical information.
More Articles on Physicians Mobile Health Use:
9 Statistics on Social Media Use for Healthcare
Philadelphia's G.I. Specialists Launch Mobile Website
DocBookMD Aids "On the Go" Communication for Physicians
Physician Mobile Device Adoption Nearly DoublesWritten by Kathleen Roney | Monday, 14 May 2012 16:19
Physician tablet adoption has almost doubled since 2011, according to the "Taking the Pulse U.S. 2012" study by Manhattan Research.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months
- Police investigate death of American Spine Center's physician accused in federal kickback scheme: 6 things to know
- Suicide likely cause of Dr. Sandeep Sherlekar's death, police report shows: 6 things to know
- 38 female spine surgeon leaders to know
- Dr. Gregory Sherr sues HealthEast, CentraCare & 6 neurosurgeons for allegedly ruining his reputation & career — 6 things to know
- 11 highest-paying states for orthopedic surgeons: New Jersey tops the list at $494.5k
- Understanding the Impact of the CMS 2017 ASC Payment Rule on Spine Procedures
- 21 statistics and facts for orthopedic surgeons — compensation, net worth and more
- 19 more things to know about orthopedic bundled payments — September 2016
- Beyond the implant — DePuy Synthes pushes innovation inside & out of the OR
- Are Stryker's hip implants about to be recalled?
- 5 trends for orthopedic surgeons to watch in 2017
- 15 spine surgeons discuss techniques revolutionizing spine care
- FDA regulation, insurance coverage: Dr. Raj N. Sureja talks challenges in regenerative medicine
- 33 of the largest orthopedic groups in the US by number of physicians
- 3 orthopedic clinics to pay $2.39M to settle False Claims Act allegations: 5 things to know
- 4 of the most pressing challenges orthopedic surgeons face in 2017
- What not to wear — Physician's attire elicits mixed responses in outpatient orthopedic centers
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spine surgery on Patriots' Rob Gronkowski
- Behind bars for fraud: Neurosurgeon Dr. Aria Sabit receives nearly 20-year prison sentence — 8 key insights
- 6 spine physicians ranked #1 on Google - 2016
- Orthopedic residency programs violate Match Code of Conduct: 6 things to know
- The science of healthcare delivery: 10 thoughts on the future structure of healthcare organizations
- 8 biggest stories in 2016's spine market — Acquisitions, lawsuits, bundled payments & more
- Dr. Jonathan Falakassa joins Southern California Orthopedic Institute: 5 key notes
- Wal-Mart adds Mayo Clinic to spine centers of excellence, 50% copay for out-of-network care
- 7 trends in healthcare digital transformation
- Dr. Angus McBryde Jr. passes away after car accident: 4 things to know
- Dr. Robert Watkins performs spinal disc surgery on Houston Texans' J.J. Watt: 4 notes
- 'Surgery is like comfort food for my soul' — Dr. Thomas Scully on being a neurosurgeon in an evolving landscape
- Dr. Robert Spetzler to resign as Barrow Neurological Institute's president, CEO; Dr. Michael Lawton to take helm — 5 things to know
- An innovation powerhouse — Techstars Healthcare Accelerator in partnership with Cedars-Sinai brings health startups' visions to fruition
- 26 latest statistics & notes on neurosurgeon salary — Hourly, annual & regional pay
- 9 Mayo Clinic strategies to quench the physician burnout flame
- Rochester Regional Health in NY acquires Finger Lakes Bone & Joint Center: 5 key notes
- 8 trends impacting the global sports medicine devices market through 2019
- 5 key statistics on young physician compensation — Orthopedics comes out on top at $329k
- 4 spine surgeons caught in fraud — Prisoners, probationers & a fugitive
- Anthem BlueCross and BlueShield now covers 2-Level disc replacement with Zimmer Biomet's Mobi-C
- 36 woman physician leaders to know
- Guilty verdict for neurosurgeon Dr. Christopher Duntsch for causing 'injury to an elderly person' — 5 things to know