When individuals search for physicians, Google+ helps content stand out due to the social data that Google+ provides in search results. This can include a headshot of the author, a link to the Google+ profile, the number of people in circles, and the number of people who have liked the content. The report highlights five steps to building a Google+ account:
1. Set up a Google+ page and create an account. Choose between building an organization page or personal page, or do both;
2. Fill out basic biographical info;
3. Ensure that keywords that describe you appear in key areas of your bio to help your page "appear" when individuals search for physicians;
4. Link your Google+ page to your practice website;
5. Participate strategically by growing circles of people you follow and those who follow you.
More Articles on Social Media & Outreach:
ECRI Institute Issues Risk Analysis to Guide Social Media Use
10 Tips for Online Orthopedic Practice Marketing
8 Strategies for Orthopedic Practice Community Outreach
How Physicians Should Use Google+ to Increase Patient VolumeWritten by Kathleen Roney | Monday, 12 March 2012 11:32
Google+ can increase search engine optimization for physicians because content shared on Google+ is favored in searches made using Google's searching engine, according to Software Advice report.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2011. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies here.
New from Becker's Orthopedic & Spine Review