1. Conduct a risk assessment: assess the risks, vulnerabilities and applicable safeguards for each "protected health information home;"
2. Determine a security readiness score for each PHI home by determining the likelihood of a data breach based on the security readiness score;
3. For each PHI home, examine the relevance, either applicability or likelihood, of a particular cost and apple a relevance factor;
4. Determine the impact by multiplying the relevance by the consequence;
5. Add up all adjusted costs to determine the total adjusted costs of a data breach to the organization.
For more information and to download a free copy of the report, click here.
More Articles on Data Breaches:Report Provides Characteristics of Data Breach Vulnerability
IU Health Goshen Data Breach Affects 12k Job Applicants
Lexington Clinic in Kentucky Notifies 1,000 Patients of Data Breach